Chapter 9 (Max/Ashla)

(18 and a-half year old Max/Alec, and 14 year old Ashla)

Alec is sitting in the common room because no-one is allowed to see Ash after the fire incident. After another twenty mins of just siting there, he had had enough! Alec was going to see his little sister!

"Ummmm? Where are you going? Cause I know it not to see Ash." Sabine asks.

"Actually I am going to see her. It's been three days, and I'm going crazy! I need to see my little sister!" Alec blows up, not realizing what he had just said.

Everyone stops what they were doing and looks up at him in either questioning or surprised looks.

"Um? What do you mean 'little sister'?" Zeb asks.

"He means 'little sister.'" Ashla says from the doorway.

"ASH!!!!" Alec yells and runs over to her and hugs her like she was a loath-cat.

"Nice to see your ok Ash." Kanan says.

"Ya! But should you be walking around just yet?" Sabine asked.

"And what do you mean by 'little sister'? Is there something we don't know?" Ezra asks.

"Guys! I'm fine! Really! Don't worry! But I do need to talk to you mister." Ash says pointing at Alec, and ignoring Ezra's question.

Alec's eyes widen and knows he's in trouble. Alec and Ashla could feel their friends eyes on them as they left to 'talk.' Once they were in another room, and out of earshot, Ashla let it all out.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST DO!!! I thought we wanted to keep everything A SECRET! I'm unconscious for what? two, three days at most and you decide you want to go tell everyone that we are related? Seriously! What the heck Max!"

"Look, I'm sorry ok! They wouldn't let me see you the three days you were out. I got fed up with it and when Sabine told me that I wasn't going to be visiting you, I blew up. It just slipped, I'm sorry Di!" Alec explained.

"Ok...... it's ok...... just keep your voice down. Now we are just going to have to explain how we are siblings, how we really found each other, which I really don't want to do, and why I ended up here." Ash tells him.

Before Alec could answer, a small 'THUMP' was heard on the other side of the door, along with hushed whispers. Ashla roles her eyes as she walks over to the control pad and bangs her fist against it, making it open, to reveal the ENTIRE CREW on the floor! Well except for Hera and Kanan who were standing behind them, shaking their heads.

Before anyone could say anything, the ship started to shake and they were taking on fire.

"We can talk about this later. Right now, stations EVERYONE!" Hera yells.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ezra's POV (at the beginning of the chapter)

I see Alec get up from his spot from the couch with a rather annoyed look on his face.  Just when I'm about to ask what he's doing, Sabine says what we all are thinking.

"Ummmm? Where are you going? Cause I know it not to see Ash." Sabine asks.

Actually I am going to see her. It's been three days, and I'm going crazy! I need to see my little sister!" Alec suddenly blows up.

Everyone suddenly stops what they were doing and looks up at him in either questioning or surprised looks.

"Um? What do you mean 'little sister'?" Zeb asks.

"He means 'little sister.'" Ashla says from the doorway, surprising me.

"ASH!!!!" Alec yells in relief and runs over to her and hugs her like she was a loath-cat.