Chapter 1-New Home

I currently have this story posted on Archive of Our Own under GamzeeMakera and on Fanfiction.net under ElzirraBlade. This is a fanfiction, I'm human, and my editor is a lazy bum so there's bound to be a few errors. Enjoy the story~!

Disclaimer: I do not own Gravity Falls. It belongs to Alex Hirsch.

Chapter 1-New Home

It was going to be Mabel and Dipper Pines' junior year at their school in Piedmont, California. At least, until their parents got new jobs all the way across the country in Washington D.C. The twins' only options now are either to move all the way to D.C. with their parents, or live with their great uncles in Oregon. Neither twin wants to go to Washington, so Oregon it is!

Dipper Pines is the younger of the twins by five minutes. He is extremely intelligent and takes advanced classes in nearly all periods in high school. Unfortunately, the boy is socially inept and finds talking to most people, other than his sister, to either be impossible or unbearable. Another disadvantage Dipper has is his lack of eyesight. From birth, all he ever saw was a world of black, absolute nothingness. Not that he ever lets it hold him back.

Mabel Pines, the slightly elder twin, holds an excessive amount of creativity. She once made a bounce castle for hamsters out of a few balloons, duck tape, and an air pump. She is not as advanced intellectually as her brother, but is smart nonetheless. Mabel yearns for a steady relationship, but can be so overbearing most cannot stand her. Mabel is also constantly trying to find "the one" for Dipper, saying he is too much of a "recluse" caught up in his "nerd books". Of course, Dipper blatantly tells her off and resumes reading a physics book.

Dipper stares out the window, eyes blindly following the endless line of trees. 'Junior year and they do this to us?! We've been in Piedmont since preschool and now we suddenly have to move,' he thinks angrily. Mabel sits next to him with her head leaning on Dipper's shoulder. Loud snores occasionally slip from her, breaking Dipper's thoughts. 'She passed out an hour ago from exhaustion. Well, what can you expect when you are in a constant state of vibrating excitement? I get exhausted just by listening to her!'

The car turns left onto a driveway and the brunette instantly feels the shift of the asphalt to gravel, accompanied by his mother announcing that they were nearly there. 'I wonder what Great Uncle Stanley and Great Uncle Stanford will be like...' The twins' parents told the them that Stanford is a professor at a nearby university and has won several awards for his research and breakthroughs. Stanley on the other hand, is an ex-conman and runs a tourist trap called the Mystery Shack. He is apparently so good that he can swindle a clam out of its pearls.

Despite having never met them, both twins are excited to see their great uncles. The one thing Dipper is worried about is how big the new town will be. Stanley and Stanford live in Gravity Falls, Oregon, a town three times the size of Piedmont. Getting around Piedmont on his own was challenging enough the first seventeen years of his life, and Dipper is not good at adapting to change. A new, bigger town seems oppressive to the poor teen.

At last, the car pulls to a stop. Dipper shakes Mabel awake, and she switches from irritably groggy to bubbly excited when she sees where they are. "Dipper! Dipper! We're here. We're at the Mystery Shack!"

The brunette female flings the car door open, jumping out and pulling Dipper with her. "Woah!" The boy gasps, trying to find his balance.

Mabel looks expectantly to her mother after she rolls the window down. "You two can go ahead and explore. Your father and I will unload your bags," Mrs. Pines tells them after casting a sharp look to her reluctant husband.

Mabel gives a hyperactive nod, taking off and dragging Dipper with her. "DipDop, this place is so cool! The Mystery Shack is a log cabin with, like, two floors and an attic," Mabel informs her brother while mounting the porch steps. "Watch your step~" She knocks on the wooden front door, balancing on the balls of her feet. Dipper is still trying to get a sense of his surroundings, irritated that Mabel didn't let him get his white cane from the car, and shakily grasps for her sleeve.