Chapter 10-Broken

Ey! Happy holidays and New Years, guys! We survived another year! Happy birthday to all ya'll who had one (like me~) during my break. To the commentors:

billcyphyboy101: *Shrug* Who can tell who kidnapped Dipper? Hafta agree, though, if you're right. I'll try to update when I can, but life is busy and depression is demotivating.

fayethewriter: ; ) You know it!

TheTigerFoxx: When you're low on milk, you don't want to have partially wet, but still dry, cereal. Trust me, it's not that great. Oh, and yes, Pacifica definitely has a place here. >: ) 

Biromantic_girl and KarlaMendiolaRochin: Good things come to those who wait~

A huge thanks to all those who've read, favorited, voted, liked, bookmarked, commented, etc. It's heartwarming every time I see one of those and, honestly, super encouraging. Enjoy the chapter and have a great 2019!

Chapter 10-Broken

To the relief of any and all involved in the quest to find the boy, Dipper finally rematerializes. A total of six days and seven nights, roughly 160 hours, stretch between the time the boy disappeared and is found. 160 hours of worrying, searching, investigating, pondering, bothering the local police, putting out posters, and so forth. Every last inch of the Gravity Falls town has been combed, but in the end, it is the forest that needed to be searched.

The ones who find Dipper are stout creatures rising no higher than eighteen inches at most. This, of course, includes their pointed hat which constitutes at least half of their height. Another common feature one can find on every one of these creatures is a bushy beard. These mythical creatures- not be mistaken with dwarves or halflings -are commonly known as "gnomes".

"Dum de doo~" A rather well-known gnome hums to himself as he skips along the forest floor. Jeff strokes his thick beard as he patrols the border of Gnome Territory, looking for any suspicious activity or trespassers. Oh, and that one thing those two humans told him to keep an eye out for. What was it again...? Ah! Yes, they said they were looking for that one boy- the blind one. They promised many shinies in return for Jeff or any other gnome to bring back the sightless child. What was the kid's name? Dorky? Pipper? Yanky? No no no.

"Aha!" Jeff cries in triumph. "Dipper!" His eyes alight on a slumped form leaning against a tree. The human matches the description the golden human gave him: worn out, navy blue jacket; messy but fluffy brown hair; vampire pale skin; heavy eye bags; and denim jeans with holes in the knees.

At his name, Dipper's eyes twitch, the boy slowly coming to consciousness. "Hmm?" He grunts. Had the teenager been able to see, he would see the woods typical of Oregon. There are evergreen trees all around him, growing thickly together. Mushrooms litter the pine-needle-covered ground in large clumps. The patchy underbrush struggles to survive in the minimal light filtering between the tree branches. What Dipper does know is that the ground under his is hard and uneven. A large, rough object supports his back and the speckles of sunlight warming his face let him know there is some form of overhead cover. The air is cool but not freezing, which helps to soothe the pounding in his head.

The gnome jumps for joy when he sees Dipper is awake and, maybe not unharmed, but at least alive. "Shiny, shiny, shinies! Here I come!" Jeff scampers over to the human's foot, patting in rapidly to make sure he has the boy's attention. "Dipper, right? Man am I glad to have found ya!"

The brunette's eyebrows drowsily draw together. "..."Found me"...?"

"Yeah! Everybody's been searching for you! That one boy all dressed in gold- his name's Billy or somethin' -and the girl in the sweater have rallied a bunch of us forest creatures to find you! Got the whole forest in a tizzy pretty much." Jeff rocks back and forth on his tiny feet. "And I'm the one who found you!"