Chapter 3-New Enemies

Mabel, Dipper, and Bill all stand outside the school doors, the twins having just officially finished their first week of school. "You guys haven't gotten in trouble a single time this whole week!" Bill exclaims. "I'm impressed."

Dipper snorts, rolling his eyes and crossing his arms. "Tch, it isn't that hard when you don't challenge the teachers at every turn!"

"Hey! Nobody can tell me what to do!" He counters, mimicking Dipper's pose.

"Well, I agree with Bill," Mabel pipes up. "That means we should TOTALLY go out and celebrate."

The trio strolls away from the prison- sorry, school -with Mabel guiding Dipper by the elbow since he doesn't like bringing his white cane to school. "What would we do?" Asks the male brunette.

Bill smirks, already thinking of three different places they could go. "There's a good pizza place in town. Or maybe the arcade? There's also a decent burger joint not that far from here. I hear they have amazing shakes."

"Oh, oh! Let's do pizza!" Mabel bounces excitedly, flailing an arm in the air. "I haven't had pizza in FOREVER."

Dipper frowns, cringing internally at the thought of getting lost in an unfamiliar place. "Mabel, we had pizza not two weeks ago."

"EXACTLY!"

A sigh from the blind one goes pretty much unnoticed. "I dunno, I don't really like... new places all that much. I could just go to the Mystery Shack and you guys could go do whatever."

Bill slings an arm over Dipper's shoulder, catching him by surprise. "Not gonna happen! There's no way you're getting out of quality friend time!"

"Quality friend time? We're "friends"?"

The blonde ignores Dipper's questions. "Since you don't want to stay out too long, what if we just grab some pizza, head over to the Mystery Shack, and hang out there? You guys probably have something interesting we can do there, and it won't even cost anything!"

Mabel bounces energetically. "Yes! And I can finally get Bill's measurements to knit him a sweater!"

Bill raises an eyebrow, looking down at Dipper questioningly. Since this is pretty much routine at this point, Dipper knows what what Bill is doing without needing to see him. "Mabel has a ritual where she knits a sweater for every new person she meets and likes. Grunkle Stan and Grunkle Ford already have one," Dipper answers, hands shoved in his jacket pockets.

"Doesn't knitting a whole sweater take a long time? You guys just moved here this week and she has already made two ?"

"Yup. Mabel's record is six hours, twenty-three minutes, and forty-two seconds for an average sized sweater." Bill whistles, impressed by Mabel's ability. Of course, he decides he never wants to make Mabel angry when she is knitting. Those needles can be sharp!

Mabel suddenly stops and stares at Bill, circling him and mumbling under her breath. "Uh, what's your sister doing now?" Bill asks, a little weirded out.

"From my experiences with her, she's guessing at your measurements. It's a little game she likes to play to see how accurate she can be. Of course, she can't do it with me anymore since she already knows mine by heart," Dipper answers offhandedly.

"Chest: 36 inches; waist: 30 inches; neck: 12 inches; biceps: 10 inches," Mabel contributes. "And those are just the major ones!"

Dipper rolls his eyes as Mabel emphasizes his point. "Thanks, Mabes," he states dryly.