Chapter 9-Bizarre

Eeeeeyyy! I have this out in a timely manner! Woohoo!

To Mr_Rainbowunicorn, you might've misread. I went back to check and found that I did specify it was Washington DC. Thanks for the constructive criticism though ^_^

Comments, bookmarks, likes, etc, are my lifeblood. Looking back on them or seeing new ones always inspires my drive to write, so thank you to all who've read and kept up with this story. Now for the chapter!

Chapter 9-Bizarre

When Bill had snuck out of his high-security home to check on his friend, he hadn't been expecting to find said friend's sister. Nor did the blonde expect to be told to that the subject of his visit was missing (abducted). There was also that scampfire that ran under his feet earlier, nearly tripping him and causing the boy's pants to smolder. All in all, the night certainly is failing to meet Bill's moderately low standards.

A heavy breath escapes the teens. Cipher stares out at the barely-visible evergreen trees ringing the empty yard, mind whirring with a multitude of plans. Mabel shivers from the fall air and pulls her legs up closer to her chest. All her energy had been spent scouring the town for her brother and all the girl needs right now is a long, uninterrupted nap. If not for the cold air, her eyes would be drooping.

"What are we going to do then?" Bill eventually breaks the silence that had formed around them.

Mabel smiles gratefully at the other teen's use of "we". Both of them know Dipper but Mabel had been fully expecting Bill to parrot her great uncles in saying that the grownups would handle the search. "I was planning on searching the shadier parts of Gravity Falls," the brunette admits. "If Dipdop actually has been taken like I think, then whoever did it wouldn't be sitting in the middle of town advertising that they have kidnapped a person."

Mabel's ability to put a humorous spin on anything causes Bill to crack a grin. He dismisses this train of thought rather quickly in favor of going back to plotting their search for Dipper though. "Well, there's the run-down part of town... but I don't think anybody living there would have the resources or skills to kidnap a teenager. Besides, it's a fairly well-known fact that you guys wouldn't have enough money for a proper ransom." Bill pauses to search his partially buried knowledge of Gravity Falls.

The blonde's words spark an idea in Mabel. "Ransom? Oh!" She flails as she scrambles to follow a particular thought. "If we figure out the kidnapper's motive, then we can figure out who did it and then find my brother!"

"Fabulous idea!" Bill agrees and clasps his hand together, golden eyes glimmering excitedly in the faint light from the kitchen window.

The brunette deflates a touch once something occurs to her. "But why would anyone want to kidnap my nerdy, antisocial, awkward bro-bro? We've barely been in Gravity Falls for a month and not that many people actually know us. There's not much of a motive for anyone..."

Bill taps his chin thoughtfully. "What if it's someone that Stan or Ford wronged in some way?"

"What?" Mabel's face scrunches up in confusion.

Rolling his eyes, Bill elaborates. "Think about it: Stanley frames somebody and they want to get back at him but can't directly attack the old man. The person might go about achieving their revenge through one of you two."

"Like kidnapping Dipper!" Mabel concludes with a gasp. A frown commandeers her features. "But from what I've heard, this means, like, a quarter of the people in the U.S.!" The eldest of the younger set of Pines twins groans and flops back on the ancient couch. "We're never gonna find Dipper at this rate..."