Chapter 7-Boredom

Chapter 7-Boredom

"Dipper!" Grunkle Stan rushes into the kitchen when he sees his great-nephew sitting battered and bruised on a stool. "What happened?"

Bill, who is standing next to Mabel as she patches Dipper up, speaks for the blind teen. "Some guys from school got pissed about something stupid and decided to beat him up. I called the police, took care of the idiots, and then Mabel and I got Dipper home." Grunkle Stan reels at this. People stoop low enough to beat up blind kids?! Before the sixty-year-old man can get angry and do anything rash, the doorbell rings.

"We have a doorbell?" Mabel looks up and asks.

Stanley storms over to the door, fuming, and throws it open. "Sorry, no tours. We're closed right now." Before the old man can slam the door closed, a tall man dressed in a finely pressed suit forces his way in. "Excuse me, but I would like you to leave," Stan snaps warningly.

"I'm here to pick up my son," the sharply dressed man says. "I heard he would be here."

Stan scrunches up his face, trying to recall where he had seen the man in front of him before. "Hey kids!" He calls. "Any y'all know a guy about six feet tall and dresses like he belongs to the FBI?"

A hissed curse comes from the kitchen, followed by a loud smack. "Nobody's home!" Bill calls back.

Stan leads the mysterious man to the kitchen, aiming a frown at Bill. "Bill," the man instantly says.

Bill huffs loudly, crossing his arms over his chest. "If I hadn't have intervened, they probably would have killed Dipper! I regret nothing."

The man gives Bill a condescending look. "And what have I told you about recklessly jumping headfirst into a dangerous situation? From the report, I heard one of them had a gun."

Acting like a stereotypical teenager, Bill rolls his eyes. "Yeah, but as you have so frequently drilled into my head, I assessed the danger and then disarmed it. Plus, I called the police first. I would've called you, but we kinda needed to get my friend some medical attention." Bill and the man have a contest of wills, staring each other down. The tension in the air becomes so thick, it can be cut with a dull knife, causing Mabel to become nervous.

"SO! Who's this guy, Bill?" The brunette exclaims with forced cheerfulness.

Without looking away, Bill stoically replies, "Matthew Cipher, chief of Gravity Falls police department. My father." It suddenly clicks in Stanley's head why the man looks so familiar. The man has arrested him before!

Matthew finally breaks off the staring contest, looking at Dipper instead. "You are the victim in the report." It isn't a question, but a statement. Dipper nods slowly, knowing he is the one being addressed.

"Y-yeah. Bill actually came to my rescue and took down the delinquents. I'd probably be in a lot worse shape if it wasn't for him," Dipper elaborates.

Bill snorts. "Probably is an understatement. 'Would be' is correct." In spite of his injuries, Dipper still finds it in him to jab a boney elbow into Bill's side.

"Sorry about all the trouble I've caused. I honestly had no clue that Bill would get caught up in it." Dipper hisses sharply when Mabel pours some peroxide over the gash on his cheek. "You could warn me first," he growls, slightly miffed.

"Maybe this will teach you to get mixed up with ruffians," Mabel retorts snipply.

"They jumped me! How was I supposed to know the guy would bring a bunch of goons with him!"

The twins bicker, Matthew Cipher looking between them with thinly-veiled disinterest. "These... children... are your "friends"?" He inquires. Mabel and Dipper pause in their argument, Mabel glancing over to the older blonde.