Chapter 2-New School

Jostling students fill the long, tiled hallways of Gravity Falls High. One in particular stands out though. It is a boy, a junior, who surveys the crowd with a mild interest, trying to find somebody interesting to mess with. The boy has semi tanned skin and blonde hair so yellow is can almost be called gold. His eyes match his hair perfectly and are complemented by the yellow jacket he constantly wears. A shimmery gold backpack is slung from one shoulder.

'There.' He thinks, noticing a person he had never seen at the school before. It is another boy, this one wearing a deep blue jacket and a brown trucker cap firmly planted on his head despite the school's "No Hats" policy. It isn't the blatant dress code violation that captures the blonde's attention. No; it is the proud jaunt of the boy and how his gaze seems to pierce into and through everybody around him. Normal students shuffle down the halls, slouched and comparable to zombies while making painfully obvious efforts to avoid eye-contact with the people around them. But not this kid. Nope. Heck, he doesn't even have a backpack! He must be pretty confident in his abilities.

At the hat boy's side is a girl wearing a light purple sweater with a shooting star emblem across the front. A matching purple headband is planted proudly atop her head to keep her long, curly, brown hair out of her face. The girl is holding the boy by the crook of his arm, as if guiding him through the sea of students.

"They might be fun," the blonde hums to himself, a large grin splitting his face while he slips into the flow of zombies to follow them.

"Alright, here's your A.P. Chemistry class Sir Dipping Sauce," Mabel announces, grinning cheekily at her brother.

"Thanks Mabes. Try not to be late to your next class," Dipper says, giving her a grateful smile.

Mabel turns to bounce away. "No prob, Bob. Oof! Sorry I didn't see you there." The girl apologizes, looking up to see a boy several inches taller than her and decked out in gold standing in front of her. "Drooooool," Mabel whispers under her breath, awed by the male's appearance and semi-obvious buff.

"Oh, it's no problem. Are you new? I haven't seen you before," the boy asks in a voice higher pitched than most guys have.

Mabel can barely nod, the living work of art before her completely breathtaking. "Y-yeah. Willyouletmesketchyousometime?" The words tumble of of her mouth without Mabel fully aware of them.

The boy smirks. "Sure, why not. By the way, name's Bill Cipher." He holds out a hand for her to shake.

Mable takes it, large doe eyes staring up at him. "Mabel Pines~" 'He is definitely "the one"!'

Bill's grin widens even more while he turns to Dipper. "And what about you? What's your name?" Mabel makes to answer for her brother but Dipper got the gist of the situation from Mabel's general reactions and intervenes.

"Sorry, but my sister and I need to get to our classes before we're late on our first day."

Mabel snaps out of her drool-worthy-boy induced stupor and nods her head vigorously. "You're right. See ya later, DipDop!" She squeezes his arm encouragingly before she bolts down the steadily emptying halls for her first class. Dipper heads inside the classroom once he hears his sister's prominent footsteps fade away.

A spark lights in Bill's eyes when he follows the younger of the twins into the Chemistry room. 'Well who woulda guessed? We both share the same first hour. He's already proving to be interesting.'

Dipper takes a seat in the row closest to the door, unknowingly right next to Bill, pulling a pencil from his jacket pocket and chewing on it while waiting for class to begin. He only keeps the pencil for the rare case that Mabel loses all of hers and needs one. Dipper never actually uses the writing utensil.