X

Italics are things set in the past.

Xenoglossy ~ secret-klainer

Both boys stared at each other, each frozen in their place as they looked into each other's eyes, unable to move. It had happened, neither of them were or could have ever expected this.

Kurt was only in Lima for a week, he was here visiting his step-brother, Finn who could speak both English and French. Kurt, however, had his native language (French) and nothing else.

So here he was, walking tiredly through an airport, very much lost. Airports were far more confusing then they needed to be here in America.

He'd just passed a group of boys, dancing around to a song on the radio when he paused and turned around to walk back to where the boys were, realising that the boys were actually singing, there was no radio involved.

Sure, he couldn't understand a word they were saying but he could appreciate good voices when he heard them. He wasn't entirely sure why the boys had to be dressed in matching uniforms, perhaps they were from a nearby school.

Kurt had arrived late so he assumed the songs as almost finished so he decided to stay and watch, bouncing his leg up and down along to the music. A boy with blonde hair was jumping up and down excitedly, rapping the words and dancing around with his friends.

"I asked her her name, she said blah-blah-blah
She had 9/10 pants and a very big bra"

Kurt might not be American but he knew what it meant when a man put his hands out and squeezed the air, so the boy joined in the laughter of the small crowd the boys had accumulated.

"Come on, I'm not even goin' for it
This is what I'm goin' sing"

The laughing had drowned out a few of the lyrics, not that Kurt would've understood what they were saying anyway. But suddenly a second boy stepped forward and began singing, a second boy with dreamy hazel eyes and raven hair that Kurt assumed would be amazing if it wasn't gelled down to what could very easily be called a helmet.

"You, you got what I need but you say he's just a friend
And you say he's just a friend, oh baby"

The boy had left his friends and was now singing to the crowd, pausing at a few people to sing into their faces, those people laughing and looking back at their friends or families as if to say "what the hell is happening?"

"So I took blah-blah's word for it at this time
I thought just havin' a friend couldn't be no crime
'Cause I have friends and that's a fact
Like Agnes, Agatha, Germaine, and Jacq"

The blonde boy was singing again, ticking off the names on his fingers, causing the audience to laugh again.

"Every time that I called her it seemed somethin' was brewin'
I called her on my dime, picked up, and then I called again
I said, yo, who was that? Oh, he's just a friend"

The boy threw an arm around a slightly shorter boy with dark hair, the both of them shaking their heads.

"Don't gimme that, don't ever gimme that
Jus' bust this"