Chapter 1

Liked by baejoohyun, kangseulgi, and 752,316 others

jiakim did you guys know that my right eye is slightly bigger than my left eye when i smile :)

14326 comments

jiji_: MARRY ME!

luvirene: do not bias wreck me, i am trying so hard to focus on irene >:c

baejoohyun: no, i didn't know 

mandeukkk: baaabe~

leimanobal:  stop being cute!!! 

--------------------

I can't stop myself from smiling from ear to ear while looking at Jia Kim's new Instagram post. A member from a KPOP girl group called BLACKVELVET. They had their group debut two years ago, and I instantly became a huge fan after watching a reaction video of their song on Youtube. All of them are great, and I appreciate each of the group's members, but there's just something with Jia that makes her the most special one for me.

I mean, right now, I am feeling this flighty and happy just by seeing her through a photo, so what more if I finally get to see her in person? I would most possibly faint.

Sadly, I live here in Australia while she's obviously in South Korea. I can only watch her through live streams, and heck, I didn't even get the chance to see her personally when they had a concert here in Australia. Why? I am a mere 19-year-old female whose cash in her wallet is just enough to buy herself an everyday meal. In other words, broke as hell.

I am a 1st-year college student at the University of Melbourne, studying Bachelor of Fine Arts in Photography, and our school year is almost done. Perhaps, in two or three weeks, we'll finally have our graduation. My parents give me a monthly allowance, just enough for my needs, and the only way I can earn extra money is by working as a part-time barista in one of the cafés near my condo. Since BLACKVELVET's concert ticket was expensive when they had one here, there was no way I could've watched them live. 

Despite that, I am still hopeful that I'll get a chance to meet her in person. Wishing that someday, I'll get to witness her perform on stage while I am cheering for her in the same venue. See how her eyes shine so bright and how she smiles so sweet.

"A penny for your thoughts?"

My gaze shifted to Maia, my friend ever since my family got here in Australia, and saw her focused on doing her school requirements, "Ah," I coughed and cleared my throat, "I was just thinking of the upcoming graduation. Have you already planned what to do this vacation?"