Chapter 6

"Jia, will you please define a mini concert? Because to my vocabulary, this is far from a mini concert!" I said, sounding a little frustrated as I was wiping my sweat. There are so many people, and we're constantly being pushed by these strangers!

"Stop whining, Lei," she said chuckling, "I didn't expect it would be this jam-packed, but you'll love the show for sure. One of my favorite bands will be performing."

I couldn't do anything but release a deep sigh.

She's right, though. I'll definitely enjoy the show too. Well, not because of whoever's gonna perform but because she's with me. Duh.

"Hey, don't be mad, please. I'm sorry for dragging you here. We'll go home as soon as Euphoric finishes performing," she tenderly said as she held my hand,

I instantly blushed because of what she did, so I avoided her gaze even more.

"Oi..." Her voice sounded sadder this time, so I immediately looked at her with a sincere smile on my lips,

"Don't worry, I'm not mad," I let out a low chuckle because she genuinely sounded sad, "I'll enjoy the night with you, okay?" I told her gently. My smile widened when she finally smiled out of relief. But heck, that last line was super corny.

"Is Euphoric the name of the band you're looking forward to tonight?" I asked her and she just responded with a nod, "How did you know about them?"

"I've known about them during my trainee days. I was searching for a song and performance that my team could cover at that time. As I was exploring videos on Youtube, I saw them on the recommendation," she paused for a moment to give me a smile, "They're really great, trust me. And they're from Philippines, by the way," I kind of felt disappointed when she finally let go of my hand to fix her hair.

"Oh, really?"

"Yup."

"Hm, you know what? What if you sing me one of their songs? Who knows? I might take a liking to them too. As a result..." I pointed to myself with a smug smile, "A pretty and amazing jamming buddy secured." I winked at her playfully,

She rolled her eyes at me as she chuckled, "You're one hell of a woman who has a lot of demands, no? First, details about my career, and now, you want me to sing you a song? Maybe I'll do it for you, but it's not free! You'll have to do me a favor again in exchange for that!"

"Oh, c'mon!" I exclaimed in defeat, and she just laughed at me.

"Oh, oh? You're not up for the deal? Take it or leave it," she even shrugged both of her shoulders nonchalantly.

"Alright, what do I have to do in exchange for that?"

"I haven't thought of it yet, but I won't make it easy for you. My talent fee is expensive, no," she uttered with a hint of playful arrogance,

"Wow!" I couldn't help but laugh in amusement, "Maybe I've done something remarkable in my past life! I mean, look at this. I get to hang out with Jia "my talent fee is expensive" Kim for free! That's just... wow!" I exaggeratedly uttered to sound a bit sarcastic,

"Shut up!" she yelled as she laughed and pushed my face with her hand playfully,

I just laughed in return as I shook my head because of our banter.

Hays. Maybe it's a good thing that I am somehow thick-faced, or else I wouldn't be able to bond with Jia like this.

I was about to tease her more when a voice rang in the venue, "Welcome to Fantastica Grand Park ground, ladies and gentlemen! It's a pleasure to have you all here!"