Chapter 12

Jia and I appear to have grown closer since we went to that cliffside. Or maybe that's just me? I don't know, but these past few days, she's been striking up conversations with me by sending a random photo of where she was or what she was doing. It's like she's keeping me updated with what goes on with her, and although it feels like everything's escalating quickly and all of a sudden, I enjoyed witnessing that side of her.

I find it cute... how she sounds excited about sharing things with me.

Sometimes, she would also send me photos of things that she found silly, amusing, cute, or whatever, and then we would start joking about them and talk over and over until she had to go back to work.

And through all that, I would just find myself smiling, giggling, and kicking like a lovesick girl.

"Today was so exhausting," I smiled as I heard her sigh. "We had to repeatedly reshoot some parts, and there were also times when we had to halt filming because it would suddenly rain."

Time check, 9:23 P.M.

"Did you enjoy it anyway?" I asked as I shifted in my seat.

"Yes, of course!" She beamed, making me smile wider. "There was this particular scene that I really enjoyed doing."

"And may I know what is it?"

"It's a secret for now," she giggled. "How 'bout you? You sound tired."

I yawned, gazing through the sheets of paper sitting on the top of my study table.

"Well, it is because I am actually kind of tired right now," I smiled languidly. "Our dear professors have been burying us with workload for days already. Tests, projects, everything... it's too much for me to handle, to be honest."

"Awe, get as much rest as you can, okay? You can do it!" 

"Will do," I uttered with a smile, "You better do the same, Ji."

"Hm, you seem so fond of calling me 'Ji', huh?"

I chuckled, "Why? Does the little mademoiselle not like being called by that?"

"Hahaha! I was just asking!" She answered immediately. "Call me whatever you want; I honestly don't mind, ma chou."

Oh, goodness. Here she goes again with that endearment while sounding that hot. She really isn't aware of how much of an effect she has on me.

"Really?" I asked, to which she responded with an 'uh-huh'. "Hm, okay... You won't mind me calling you 'Amory', then?"

There was silence for a few seconds, but it felt a lot longer for me as I thought I had crossed a line.

I was about to take it back and say I was just teasing her when she suddenly spoke.

"I won't." She answered lowly to the point it sounded just like a whisper, "Why, ma chou? You want to address me that way?" I bit my lips when I heard a smug tone in her voice.

"Well, if permitted, then I would like to address you that way. It rolls off my tongue just perfectly—,"

"Okay, enough!" She suddenly interrupted, cutting me off. "Gosh, you are sounding like a real flirt right now."

"What?" I laughed. "I'm not?"

"Yes, you are!"

"Nope. I am not, Amory!" I teased, dragging the 'ry'.

We exchanged banter, conversed about random topics until it was close to midnight. And as much as I want to talk longer, she still has work tomorrow while I have classes, so we needed to end the call before it gets later.