Hatred

My whole body froze. I felt chills go up and down my spine as I heard footsteps. I was panicking in the inside. I was right. I felt disgusted. In front of me stood Akki. He had a different look on his face, it was as if he was wearing a mask when I first met him. The only way I could describe that look is how a shark is when it senses blood. He didn't move, he just stared with a wide smile. That's when I noticed something terrifying. his teeth were sharpened to a point.

  "Hello Valuable One." He said cocking his head. He moved like an animal. It made me feel very uneasy. I didn't notice he had a knife dripping with blood until I saw blood on his lips. He came closer to me but I swung the knife at him. "Shhh. It ok, remember I won't hurt you. You're very valuable to me" he said grabbing the knife from my hand. "W-what do you w-want from me?" I managed to say. He cocked his head curiously. "You'd love to know." The way he talked would make a grown man piss himself. "Fuck off you murderous freak!" I said through clenched teeth. "Now, now. That's no way to talk to your brother, is it?"

  My mind went blank. I now understood why he looked so damn familiar. He looked just like me. I lowered my guard. Big mistake. Akki jumped on me and pinned me against the wall. "Let me tell you a story of how we were separated when little you was born. Mother knew father would kill her so she ran with you. Alas, she left little old me to deal with him. Father found me but didn't kill me. Instead I became his apprentice. Tough work, you wouldn't understand. When dad was sentenced to death, I just had to find you. I looked everywhere for you. Then one day as i visited the strip joint, I see mom. Poor woman. Didn't recognize who I was. I made her tell me where you lived. Last night I came here, I knew your cat would make noises so being the sick fuck I am, I hung her up and gutted her. Did you know she was pregnant? No matter, the important part is that I found you!"

  I stared at Akki with a horrified look on my face. He appeared to be very happy. I didn't know what to think. You have a psychopathic murderous guy for a brother. He looked hurt when I didn't say anything. "Who did you kill?" I asked staring at the knife. "Hmm?" he looked a bit confused. "Don't play stupid Akki. Who did you kill and how haven't you been caught?" I said harshly. "Let's just say you won't have a bully anymore." And with that being said he let me go and giggled like a manic. I stared at him for bit. Aside from his teeth and the blood on him, he still looked cute. No Vincent. Stop, he's a psycho and he's your brother.

  I was snapped back into reality by a hand on my hand. I opened my eyes and saw Akki with a pained look on his face. "Vincent. Can I live with you?" His voice sounded normal, not like a maniacs anymore. My brain and my heart were at war. One side was saying call the cops on your freak of a brother. The other kept saying he's your brother whether you know him or not. "Akki if you're going to stay you have to promise me one thing." I said standing up. "Anything. What is it?" He said sounding a bit more happier. "You have to stay out of sight from my friend and you can not leave this house, only for school. She visits a lot and when she's here I want you to hide in the attic. Understand?" He looked at the ceiling for a bit. "Yes, I understand. And I also promise I will not cause you trouble. I may be insane but I won't hurt you." He gave me a warm smile and I thought about how school was gonna go tomorrow. Wait a second. How old is Akki? I looked at him and tried to figure it out before I asked him. "Akki. How old are you?" I had a very confused tone in my voice. He looked at me with a sheepish grin. "Umm 21...." He hid behind the coffee table. What the fuck?! "How're you still in school!" I practically screamed at him. "Dad made me a fake social security." He looked down, chewing his bottom lip. "The only reason I look like you is so I could pass off as your twin." I sighed and walked upstairs before turning to him. He looked at me with curios eyes. "Well? Coming to bed or not?" I asked as I made my way into my room.

  It was quiet. Akki slept peacefully next to me. It scared me. Not because of another man in my bed, but because a psycho was in my bed. Did I make a horrible, possibly life threatening, mistake? Or was this a good choice. Maybe it was for the best. I fell asleep after an hour of trying to reassure myself that Akki won't murder me in my sleep.