Killer Instinct

Akki's POV:

It was late at night, probably around 11. I wiped the sleep from my eyes as I sat up slowly. I smiled as I glanced over Vincent's sleeping form. I hated doing this but it was for the best. I need to feed. I didn't even bother eating Jake, he's worthless scum. But seeing all that blood made my cravings go insane. I quietly got into my normal attire and snuck out the window, but not before grabbing my knife.

My pace quickened as I chased a middle aged woman down the alleyways. I hated killing woman, but she was the closest victim. I jumped on her, the blade of my knife driving deep into her back. I slit here throat in a quick motion and drank from the open wound. The metallic irony taste of blood satisfied my hunger....to a small extent. I groaned as the never ending hunger pained me once more. I threw the woman in some alleyway and made my way to find a new victim.

17 people. 17 innocent, unsuspecting people. I sat down in an alley as I contemplated what I had just finished doing. My knuckles turned white as I gripped the handle of my knife tightly. I sighed heavily as I twirled the knife in my hand. The hunger had finally subsided momentarily. I looked at my reflection in a puddle of some liquid next to me. Blood covered my face. It stuck to my hair, making it look matted and unkempt. I stood up and began to walk. Where you ask? I had no idea, I just walked.

Vincent's POV:

I woke up feeling cold and scared. I didn't understand the scared part but I understood the cold part. Akki wasn't next to me. Panic rises within me as I jumped out of bed and searched for Akki. I groaned heavily as grabbed a jacket and put my shoes on. I slammed my door open and ran down the street. I searched in several alleyways but stopped dead in my tracks. What I saw was mortifying. Woman, men, teenagers, children and elders were all scattered and lifeless in a dark long alley. Only one serial killer can kill like this and not give a fuck. Akki. Does he care about me? I felt hot tears run down my cheeks as I thought about him not caring for me. I froze as I felt a hand on my shoulder. "You weren't supposed to see this."

Akki's POV:

I silently cursed at myself for scaring the hell out of Vincent, who is currently in a corner crying. I sat down a few feet away from him as he stared at me. I knew what had to be done. But do I have the guts to do so? I stared at the boy, throwing pebbles to get his attention. "I have something to say." I finally speak up. He looks at me with pure hatred and terror. My heart shattered. It won't be so hard to do now that I know he hates me. I stood up and kneeled in front of him. I pressed my lips against his for a final good bye. I guess he realized what I was doing because his expression changed from hatred to sadness. "It's for the best. As long as I am here, I won't see you as often with my damn cravings getting in the way. Someone will notice sooner or later that we're related and that you know of my whereabouts. You know, this whole ordeal of me meeting you was actually quite wonderful. I was happy that I actually did find you. I know you may think I am a monster but then again I can't blame you. I mean only a monster can be a cannibal." I chuckled, sorrow filled inside of my voice. Vincent seemed to be in a daze of sorts because he didn't say or do anything. Hot tears fell from my eyes as I bit my lower lip, my teeth cutting into it. I trembled as placed a hand on Vincent's head. He looked up with eyes full of sorrow, hate, anger and betrayal. "Goodbye Valuable One." I say as I ran. I ran and ran until I passed the familiar sign that led me out of the city.

Vincent's POV:

My clothes were drenched in blood as I walked into my house. My mind was everywhere. Not on one subject but on many at the same time, it was hurting. My head wasn't the only thing that hurt though, my heart was shattered. The ruins only stood for two things. My love for Akki and my need for revenge on the man that brutally tore apart my heart. I didn't know why but I began to laugh. It wasn't a laugh that depicted happiness. It depicted insanity and pain. I ran down to my basement and threw open an old box. I grabbed the black handle of a knife that belonged to my dad. As I hooked the knife on my belt loop, I lit a cigarette. I threw the lighter, flame still ignited, on a trail of gasoline that led into my house. I took a puff from my cigarette as my house caught on fire, the flames tearing everything apart. "I'm coming for you Akki, and you can bet I ain't happy about your departure." I say blowing smoke out and running after the scent of still fresh blood.