| Chapter Three | Verane

He heard someone calling him, the name familiar, but the voice not at all. He felt soft grass under him, it reminded him of the meadow by the base which made him smile. He tried to grab a hold of the grass, but his fingers, no...his hands were numb. His eyes crack open, they widen seeing his bloodied hands. And he couldn't feel the pain, they were numb. He tried to move, but he was favoring his right side more than his left, confusing him. His back felt as if it got cut open like a frog in a science class. But they added weights to keep him in place and made sure to drain his blood or something. A net coiled around him all a sudden, taking him by surprise and shock. He yelped, the ropes tightening around his limbs.

"Ahhh, this one will sell nice. Magical creatures, especially dragons, sell big." Ty heard someone say. 'Did they say dragons? But I'm not a dragon!' Ty thought. Ty opened his mouth to argue, but his voice died in his throat when a potion got thrown at him. When it hit him, Ty cried out in pain. He felt an overwhelming wave of drowsiness hit him too fast, knocking him unconscious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Ty awoke, the loud chatting around him hurt his already achy head. His eyes open, he couldn't move, at least not without hurting himself. Ropes and chains coiled around him, keeping him lying still in a cage. Although he could hear them, he couldn't make sense of their words at all. But his vision was clear enough to see a little girl walk up to him. He felt her small hand touch his head.

"Mommy, the dragon man is sick." He heard her say. Ty felt an odd comfort in the girl's touch, he was so cold, and her hand was warm. It was small, but he loved it. He could feel the cold metal under him, his shirt was gone making the cold metal send shivers through him. Even though he was sweating, he was freezing.

"Don't touch that freak!" A woman said taking the child away. Ty flinched, her words hurting him more.

"You hurt his feelings." The child said as they left him. Ty opens his eyes again. 'Dragon....dragon...' Ty thought. He looks behind him, his eyes go wide once he saw it. Wrapped in ropes where a set of wings. Being a shade of black, they were in rough shape from the ropes holding them in particular positions. 'I'm dreaming...I'm having a nightmare...That's it. This isn't real. Any minute I'll wake up and not have wings on me.' Ty thought to himself. Ty felt something pull on him.

"Hey, kid! Don't pull on his tail unless you want to awaken him and get yours." A voice yelled. The pulling stop, Ty was in shock. 'What the actual f*ck is going on?!' Ty thought to himself. Ty looked at his hands, his hands were in bandages, but he sees black scales on his arms. 'I...I am a dragon. Seto was right I...I'm one of those people with dragon blood. But how?!' Ty thought. Ty picked his head up, pushing his arms under him best he could. The ropes went tighter around him, constraining him. He coughed a few times, he rested his head on his arms, his energy drained. He coughed a few more times, his stomach growling as he shivers. 'How can these people not know who I am? I mean...I don't look that different, do I?' Ty thought.

"I don't know, Damien." Ty heard someone say as two people went in front of his cage.

"Come on, Ben. I caught this dragon two days ago, he looks as if he will be a hard worker." Damien said.

"It's not that. You know how these hybrids can be, they are resistant. While your dragon looks as if he is dead. And the dead ones can't get what I need to be done." Ben said. Ty felt something jabbed him in his right side making him yelp and the ropes tighten around him. They tighten around his wings, making his pain much worse. Ty picked his head up, panting.