| Chapter Eight | Flying Lessons

Adam woke up, feeling dizzy still but felt better. He turned his head. 'Argghh...I hate it when the nurses give me the stuff to make me sleep..' He thought. He felt stiff and something wet falls off his forehead, he hears it hit the floor. His eyes crack open.

"Commander." Someone said. He felt it get pressed against his forehead again. "You're awake." Adam's eyes open more. He could still feel his wrists bounded and the strap across his chest. "Good. How do you feel?"

"Better," Adam mumbled. She smiles.

"Good. Good. I'll be right back, stay here. I'm gonna get the doctor." She said before she stands and leaves. Adam closes his eyes, he tries to fall back asleep, but after a few minutes, he felt a cold hand pressing on his stomach. He groans and turns his head again. His eyes open seeing the doctor undoing his bandages. He moved his wrists, the leather that is restricting him stops his wrists.

"Commander, calm down. I know it hurts, but we got to change the bandage." The doctor said. Adam closes his eyes, after a few more minutes, he felt them finishing up as he heard Jerome and Mitch. Adam opens his eyes seeing them walking over.

"Man, you really screwed up this time," Jerome said. Mitch whacks his shoulder, Jerome grabs his arm. "Ow!" Mitch looks at Sky.

"You feeling okay? You don't look too good." Mitch said.

"...I'm just..really tired.." Sky mumbled. Mitch smiles a little.

"Good. Good. The less energy you have the better." Mitch said. They finish up the bandage, the doctor looks at Sky seeing he was about to fall asleep. The doctor turns to Mitch and Jerome, he pulls them aside.

"How is he?" Jerome asks.

"His stitches are okay, not inflected at all which is a good sign. But I'm worried about his blood loss." The doctor said. Mitch nods, he glances at Sky, noticing that Sky fell asleep.

"Yeah, he seems so lacking in energy. It is really weird since he is always moving." Mitch said.

"That's normal. He's been sleeping for a long time, but he is gonna need to start getting up and moving around soon. His blood loss was large, but he's been in recovery for over a week now meaning he hasn't replenished all his blood but enough that I think he should start moving around." The doctor said. Mitch crosses his arms. Jerome smiles.

"Yeah, I'm sure we'll come up with something for him," Jerome said. The doctor tells them a few more things before he leaves to care for another patient. Jerome and Mitch go back beside Adam, Adam's eyes crack open, he looks at the two. "I told you we should have come with you regardless." Adam smiled a little.

"How are you feeling? Any better?" Mitch asks. Adam nods a little.

"Yeah...they..they laced everything with..sleeping potions.." Adam mumbled as he was about to nod off again. Jerome smiled a little.

"Don't worry Adam, we asked Seto and the nurses to do that or else your wounds would never heal," Jerome said. Adam sighs, he closes his eyes, falling asleep.

"I didn't think Seto's sleeping potions were this strong," Mitch said. Jerome shakes his head.

"Me neither, but at least he is resting. He wouldn't be if we didn't do this." Jerome said as Mitch stood up from Adam's bed. Mitch nods agreeing.