| Chapter Twenty-Two | The Scorched Jungle

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"What defines us is how well we rise after falling."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sky stopped when he heard a scream, looking towards it, staring into the jungle he just got out of. He turned around, going back in. As he got deeper in, he heard voices, familiar voices. He heard the scream again and he tensed up. 'That's Seto.' He thought. He comes to Ravencross Ruins and stopped, hiding behind a tree.

"H-Harvey? ...Harvey!" He heard Rosani cry. He looked out and spots Seto in chains, he also notices Asthie being held by her arm from Tristan. His hands clenched into fists, gritting his teeth. 'Let's see. About eight dark mages, Seto's in no shape for fighting let alone standing, Asthie is just a kid and Rosani is too distraught over Seto to think about anything else. And there is no way I'll be able to message for help and I cannot get around them nor am I leaving them alone with Tristan. So looks like I'm doing this by myself. Wouldn't be the first time.' Sky thought. Sky drew his sword, holding it loosely in his hand. Tristan smirked.

"So you must be the Sky Army Commander? Right?" Tristan asked. Sky gritted his teeth again. Tristan chuckled. "I know you are here, you have a certain aura that is quite interesting. One of a kind, you might be fun. But putting that aside, I had the fortune of hearing what deeds you have done. I would never have expected for a human to be so powerful without the aid of magic or anything." Tristan looked over at the tree Sky's behind. "So don't you come on out, I respect you enough. I would say idolize actually." Sky hesitated but did walk over to between the trees. Rosani looked at Sky. Tristan smiled. "There you are. I'm sure Harvey has told you who I was, but who are you?" Rosani's eyes widen, she looked at Sky.

"A-Adam. It isn't what you think. He...He was—" Tristan laughed.

"Oh that's rich, he never told you who he really was?" Tristan asked. Sky looked at Rosani, he gave her a small smile.

"Don't worry, I overheard your guys conversation when you two thought I was asleep." Sky said. Rosani gripped Seto's torn shirt. 'He knew for that long, he knew who Harvey really was and he never...' Rosani thought. She smiles a bit.

"Thank you." She said. Sky looked back at Tristan.

"I'm disappointed, you knew who he was, which is Harvey Magi, and you are supposed to turn him in," Tristan said. Sky took a step towards them, his eyes glancing at the other sorcerers. 'I'm too out in the open, they could cut me down in one hit if I turn my back to one of them.' Sky thought. Sky stepped back.

"Don't mistake me for someone who would sell out his own friends. I would never do that, I know what it is like to want a second chance. Seto has never given me a reason to distrust him, him being Harvey Magi is something I get why he kept secret. I would too." Sky said. Tristan grinned.

"Everyone has secrets, Commander. Even you, what was that name?" Tristan asked. Sky gripped his sword handle.

"Don't you dare." Sky said. Tristan smiled.

"Oh, I haven't even said it yet and you are already mad at me. So, how is Alesa nowadays? Doing better than you ever could?" Tristan asked. Sky seemed to tense but he felt relieved. "Statilia is so much like her, it's pathetic knowing she has a crush on you." Sky's cheeks pinked a bit, his eyes looked away. Rosani looked at Tristan.

"Stop messing with his head!" She yelled. She looked at Sky. "Adam, Tristan loves manipulating people. Don't let him get the best of you like this!" Sky looked at Tristan. Tristan sighed, his arm lifted up towards Rosani and Seto. Sky felt his heartbeat rise.