3

I walked into school, ahead of the football team. I was wearing a tight fitted plaid mini skirt with a matching black top with embroidered roses. My handbag was on my arm and I walked into school with my head held high. Ignoring the comments from the footballers behind me, which never failed to make me cringe. The cat-calls just reminded me of Chuck. I spotted Jughead walking off from Archie and made my way towards him. He was walking towards me, so I turned and followed him. I heard one of the football players call him Wednesday Adams. Furious, I turned towards the group of boys, forgetting my usual quiet and calm demeanour.

"If I hear you say that again, I will personally rip your balls off so that you won't be able to grace the world with future assholes." I hissed, then continued after Jughead. I found him by his locker, collecting his books for first period, which for us was free.

"You didn't have to do that for me. I am used the joys of social interaction that befall an outcast." He smiled as I followed him wherever he was going.

"First, you aren't an outcast. Second, you don't deserve that treatment, Jug." I stated. He smiled at me. We both looked eyes. His hair was its usual messy waves that suited him perfectly, covered by a beanie. Despite my heels, my eyes were level with his lips; without them they would be level with his neck. Our gazes were broken by the sound of the principal.

"Good morning, students. This is your principal speaking. There have been many inquiries about the upcoming pep rally. So, let me state clearly, it is happening as scheduled. Now on a less felicitous note, if you could give your attention to Sheriff Keller." Before the Sheriff spoke, I knew what he would be talking about. I tried to stay calm, control my breathing. My panic attack didn't have time to begin because Jughead knew what was going to happen. He slipped his larger hand into my cold one, offering reassurance that he was right beside me.

"Most of you already know the details but your classmate Jason Blossom's body was found late Saturday night. So as of the weekend, Jason's death is being treated as a homicide..." I turned my head to Jughead, burring it in his chest.

"I don't want to hear it, Juggie." I knew what he was going to say. I knew what everyone was thinking. And I didn't want to listen to Sheriff Keller say the same things I had been hearing for weeks. Of course, my sister would be standing in the office now, a smile on her face and getting ready to threaten the killer herself. I felt something placed in my ears and music started to play. I looked up to see that Jughead had connected his earphones to his phone and put them in my ears, so I wouldn't hear anything. He put the phone in his pocket, took my hand again and we both walked through the corridors.

We walked past Jason's memorial. I suspected we were following Archie. My suspicion was confirmed when we stopped in front of him. I took out the earphones, knowing that the broadcast had stopped and chose to listen to his conversation with Jughead.