22

I had dressed in a two-piece, black dress. The skirt was a high-low, tulle, cut; the top was skin coloured black beading detail. I wore red heels and a red jack with my red lip. The dark and red completely contrasting each other as Jughead and I walked into the hall, hand in hand and smiling. FP was kind enough to give us a lift as it was raining. When he dropped us off, FP told Jughead to be a gentleman. I replied that he always was.

Jughead told me that he was going to move back in with his dad, we had hugged with smiles on our faces. He told me that FP was sorting everything out, getting his act together and really trying. I knew that Jughead had wanted that for years and he was finally getting it. When he told me that he may be moving to Toledo, I told him that nothing would change, that I would move half-way across the world if it meant that we could still be together. Jughead seemed to accept this and nothing more was said about it.

Archie came on stage with Veronica, Jughead and I stood together to watch them. We caught a glimpse of their parents' proud gazes as they watched their children perform. Jug wrapped his arms around my waist, swaying slightly to the music causing me to laugh. We looked ridiculous. They had chemistry on stage, and it was like I could see the future. They would get together eventually. I didn't know how long it would take, but it was a feeling that I couldn't shake.

Veronica and Archie came off stage and we went out of the hall to talk to them about it. We saw Betty leave with them first, we assumed that they had gone to talk about their performance so followed, wanting to congratulate them ourselves. We walked around the corner, my heels making loud clicking noises as we walked. Jughead made himself known and their conversations stopped immediately.

"What's going on?" I asked.
"Why do I feel like I'm suddenly left out?" Jughead looked at his three best friends in confusion. I could relate to that feeling. But this time, Jughead was left out of the loop as well. For some reason, I felt like this would hurt us both.

"Do you wanna tell him, or should I?" Betty turned to Archie, they all had tears in their eyes. Archie walked around Betty and got in front of Jughead.

"We went to your dad's trailer to—"

"To search it, Jughead." Veronica finished. The betrayal flashed through his eyes as he looked at his friends, asking them for an explanation. My hand found his, gripping it tightly as I looked at the three people in front of me in confusion.

"My mom... put them up to it. She was convinced he was hiding something about Jason and we all heard Cynthia invite you to her house with FP, so we knew it would be empty." Betty explained. I took a step back with Jug. I believed Jughead whole-heartedly when he said he believed his dad.

"We were wrong, we didn't find anything." Veronica interjected. Archie began saying why they had done it, but Jug interrupted. He said they did it to prove FP wasn't a murderer.