16

Once I had slipped into my house with the help of Cheryl, promising to see Jughead at the baby shower, I was pulled into the bathroom. Cheryl threw me, not literally, into the shower and told me she would help me get ready. She had chosen a red dress that was off the shoulder and very figure flattering. Cheryl then took my foundation and concealer, covering every red mark on my skin. When she was done, you would never guess what had happened the night before.

We reached the room where the party was being held. I opened the door, Cheryl pushing the present into the room, shouting our presence. In true Blossom fashion, we walked into the room and every eye turned to us. Cheryl had decided not to wear her usual red and black, but black and pink. I immediately spotted Jughead who came over to me. He had gone without his denim jacket, but kept his beanie. Behind us, our mother wheeled in Grandma Blossom. Jug put his arm around my waist as I thanked him for coming. He kissed my forehead as I made my way over to Polly, holding the white bag that held my present.

I cut in front of my mom, hugging Polly.

"Polly, you look wonderful." I grinned, handing my gift to her which she passed to Betty, who put it on the table with the other gifts. "It's from Jughead as well." She laughed and pulled me towards her again.

"Thank you." Jughead pulled me back into his arms and away from Polly, knowing that my mom wanted to talk to her.

After Nana Rose did some crystal thing on Polly's hand, declaring that Polly was having twins, we all decided that it was time to open presents. She received bibs and nappies as well as a mobile with fluffy sheep on it. Betty handed her mine and Jughead's present. We had picked it out straight after school, yesterday, and before Archie called us. Polly smiled at us as we stood at the side. She pulled out the red box from the white gift bag, slowly pulling off the ribbon. Inside was a black jewellery case. Her eyes widened, and she let out a gasp. We had brought her a small baby bangle.

"This is so beautiful!" She exclaimed, not quite believing we had gotten her the small golden band with two charms on it.

"The bangle was Jason's, I know he wanted to give it to his first born. I brought the 'B' charm and had it engraved, Jug brought the 'C' charm." I explained. Betty asked what the engravement said and Polly turned over the small blue 'B'. The 'C' was to represent the Cooper family, the 'B' for the Blossom family.

"Daddy loves you." She replied. The she got up, still holding the bangle and came over to me, hugging me tightly before doing the same to Jughead. She sat down again, wiping her eyes. The room awed at the thoughtful gift. Mother shot and angry glare at me, not wanting the small bangle to be given away as it was a memory of her son.

Polly received a night-light from her mom, her old one. It caused her to stop crying and smiled widely at the familiar light. It was clearly outdated but was still a very cute gift. Before we could watch Polly open up mother's gift, Archie stormed in and came over to Jughead and I. Jug moved his arms from around me, holding my hand instead.

"You were protecting him. That's why you didn't tell me—"

"Relax," Jughead cut off Archie's rant, "What happened?"

"Archie?" I asked, not understanding what was going on. I knew that Archie was headed to a bar where the serpents hung out, but I didn't get why he was so angry now.

"Did you know that Jughead's father is a Serpent?" He asked me as Betty and Veronica came over to hear what was going on. Jughead's face dropped as he watched us look at him in confusion. I didn't care who his father was, or what he did, or who he was involved with. That didn't change who Jughead was. "That's why he tried to stop me from going. So I wouldn't find out. After everything my dad has done for you--" Archie concluded.