15

Once again, our small group of friends, including Cheryl, were all sat around a small table in the student lounge. I was sat on the arm of the couch next to Jughead, his arm holding me in place. My short red skirt revealed a little more thigh than Jug felt necessary, leading to his large hand resting itself on my bare skin, the other snaking around my back to cover the same space. This small protective action made me smile wide at how much he cared for me, resulting in me kissing his head on the small part that wasn't covered by the beanie.

"Polly's convinced herself that no one wants her baby." Betty said when Cheryl took the seat opposite.

"Besides, of course, the child-snatching Blossom monsters." Kevin interjected, adding that he meant no offense to Cheryl and me. As much as I wished that I could stand up and defend our parents to our friends, saying they were caring, loving and respectful people who only wanted to best, I knew that I would have been lying to myself. Despite being my parents, if something didn't benefit the Blossom name or wasn't exactly what they wanted, it didn't happen. Everyone in this town was somewhat scared of my family and the large house on the hill.

"So, your mom and dad want Polly but not the baby, and the Blossoms want the baby and not Polly." Jughead concluded. It seemed very malicious and vindictive when you put it like that. Polly clearly wanted to keep the baby and find peace with both families. Sadly, everyone knew that wasn't possible.

"It's an impossible situation." Betty added. Veronica spoke to Betty, saying she had an idea. The raven-haired new girl was a great addition to our social group. She always seemed to have an idea, or at least, an outfit for every occasion.

"What if my mom and I were to host a baby shower?"

"Count me in," smiled Cheryl.

"Me to." I seconded. I thought it would be a lovely idea go to a baby shower. After all, Jason would have wanted us there if he were still alive. Jughead smiled at me as I grinned back.

"You want Polly to feel loved and supported." Veronica added. Betty brought up that Polly would want to feel that from their parents, not just her friends and the Blossom twins. If Polly and the Coopers were in the same room without fighting, in a public setting so neither would cause a scene, it would mean that they were one step closer to accepting her choice. It was a genius plan. One that had almost no possibility of going wrong.

"Am I expected to come to this thing?" Jug asked, looking up at me and then to Veronica as she answered before I had the chance.

"Of course. You're the infamous Cynthia Blossom's boyfriend, you can't miss it." She said. I knew that Jughead didn't like those type of parties, or parties in general. Jughead looked down, blushing as I turned my head away from the group. It was obvious that both of us were blushing, and hard. When I felt a kiss on my shoulder, I turned and saw Jughead grinning up at me. Cheryl, being the giddy-girl, she is, started clapping and squealing, saying how cute the pair of us were. That, understandably, caused us to blush more.

"Elizabeth Cooper. I need you," Alice Cooper demanded, pointing Betty, "and you. Right now." She pointed to Veronica. The two girls stood up and followed the angry woman with wide eyes. We all knew this would be about Polly staying with Hermione Lodge.

Later in the afternoon, Archie called Jug while we were in a booth at Pop's, saying that his dad needed help at the construction site. When we arrived, a few of the football team and Kevin were there, sporting yellow hard hats and equipment. I looked very out of place. Archie told me his dad's construction workers had been forced to pull out so that they could work for my dad. As soon as I realised that my dad was a reason that Mr Andrews' business could fall, I decided that I would stay. We watched Hermione Lodge and Fred Andrews come out of the trailer, Archie going over to meet them.