Chapter 1: Nico scares some Third Years

Special Dedication to Ninjagir13! The answer was Ares! Here's the chapter!

"Harry! There's two guys fighting a bunch of giant spiders down the hall! And one of them is shooting fireballs!" Colin's bother chirped.

The four friends shared a look.

"Ginny can you take these kids to the infirmary." Harry said, more of a command than a question. Before she could argue, Harry kissed her and Golden Trio took off in the direction the third years had come.

Harry and Ron skidded around the corner, Herminione effortlessy following. Ron shot Harry a pointed look.

"Do we ever get a break?"

Nico POV.

Nico hashed and slashed through the monsters. The Shadows swarmed around him as well as his undead army but it seemed to have no effect the way the monsters kept coming. He had no idea how they had gotten through Camp Half Blood's barriers. But it probably hadn't helped that the Roman camp, Camp Jupiter, had been visting and Reyna, his girlfriend, had threatened to have Octivian come in his place if he didn't show. But one minute the Seven-Piper, Jason, Percy, Annabeth, Leo, Frank, Hazel- and Reyna and Nico had been hanging out together while watching the Stolls deviously plot something, then suddenly some Aprophdite girls started screaming and Thalia's tree burst into flames.

Nico winced as his arm was starting to feel the strain of his dark Stygian iron sword. There were more monsters here than he'd seen in the final battle verses Gaia! Some were so ancient he didn't even know what they were called. He heard Annabeth's anxious cries and turned for a millisecond to see the daughter of Athena ironically slashing at giant, grotesquely abnormal, spiders.

The sky was dark with swirling clouds as Jason summoned lightning and his sword arched with electricity. Nico heard Piper chanting Telekhines into fighting each other or just plain stabbing themselves.

"Nico, Duck!" A voice yelled above the sounds of battle. Nico barely had time to move before a fireball the size of a lawn chair scorched the area around him. He sucked in a breath a let it out steadily. He got one last clear shot of Percy in his miniature hurricane and greek sword of pure destruction. Leo's soot and oil smeared face materialized in and out of his vision as he diced some of the spiders near Annabeth back to Tartarus. He could have sworn he felt part of the ground crumple as Hazel used her powers to drown some earthborn in mound of riches as Frank stood expertly on top the mound picking off griffins that flew above occasionally swopping downward and carrying a camper off.

Somehow Nico found himself fighting back to back with Annabeth against the spiders. "Leo! we could use a little fire now!" He yelled hoping the elfish kid could hear him.

"Gotcha death breath!" Nico heard the reassuring insane laughter of the son of Hephaestus. Annabeth ducked beneath the legs of a arachnid sliding her Drakon bone dagger through its belly as it imploded into a pollen-like dust. For a second it looked like it was going to be okay.

So naturally, something had to go wrong.

"Watch out!" Nico hesitated a little too late to Annabeth's warning, causing him and Leo and Annabeth, plus some extra and definitely not wanted spiders, falling straight down as the ground crumbled underneath them.

Nico yelled as he fell weightlessly down. Annabeth screamed terrified, no doubt remembering her own fall into Tartatrus, but now it was every nightmare she'd ever had -the one where she fell without Percy.

Nico could see Leo's trailing fire sparkle as well as his girl like screaming. Nico didn't even know how they could possibly even be this far underground. He blinked tears from his eyes as the wind dried out them. With a horrible sickness Nico remembered his own time in Tartatrus, in the cramped jar. He was silently glad he was there and didn't have to go through what Percabeth did. no one could do that alone.

Nico could've sworn the ground wasn't there a second ago. Though honestly he didn't have time to debate how he landed on a stone floor without breaking anything. As soon as Nico dared breath normal he almost....almost....got eaten by a large black spider.

In one quick lifesaving moment, Nico brought his sword up and shoved the head away rolling from under the wiggling body.Nico dodged another smooth attack by a beady eyed arachnid swinging his sword in a whirlwind of black death, he had two less monsters to worry about.

Nico paused long enough to see they weren't alone in the hall. Frozen with fear and shock stood three possibly this year campers wearing long flowing black robes decked with a small gold and red crest and ties.Nico swore in Italian. As if things couldn't get any worse he also noticed that Annabeth was unconscious and her dagger had slid across the floor. Leo wasn't fairing too well either. somehow these monsters had learned to use Leo's fire against him, nearly barbecuing the kids in the process.

"What are you still doing here?!" Nico demanded. "Get somewhere safe!"

They still didn't move. At that moment Leo's misguided fireball headed straight for them. Nico had no choice but to slash it out of the air.

"Leo, watch where you're throwing those things!" Nico yelled brandishing his dark sword.finally those kids had gotten a clue and had disappeared down one of the halls yelling for someone named Harry. Nico stabbed and rolled his way past the jungle of spider legs.

"Nico, can't we just one time get a break?" Leo asked swinging a wrench gotten on top of an eight eyed head. "Seriously! it's like the Gods hate us for saving them or something!"

Nico didn't answer but as he slashed through the pinchers of a monster he wondered if this really was the Gods doing.

The funny thing was he could feel death around him, like this place had just had a huge war and lots had died. But the entire place was good as new with no signs of a battle.

Nico was set on auto pilot getting the job done. There were three of the spider left when Leo took a feeler to the stomach and he was thrown backward into a stone pillar that Nico was sure that if Annabeth was awake she would be ranting about.

Nico winced and muttered some not so friendly words in Greek. Keeping his eyes one all the monsters he causally bent down and swiped Annabeth's forgotten dagger from the floor.

One of the spiders hissed at him and lunged forward.

The fight was over in a matter of seconds leaving Nico covered in gold sparkly dust and sweat and completely, utterly exhausted.

"Stupify!" Nico whirled around just in time to see a girl with bushy hair pointing a stick at him, before everything flashed green and then black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Trivia Time!

Winner gets a dedication next chapter!

"In the BOOK Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, who was the teacher that told the kids the legend of the Chamber?"

Remember to:

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW!