Chapter 27: Leo fights an enraged Nico

And the dedication goes to...@-HereComesTheSun-! The answer was Johann Schmidt, or and @Mojo9000 said the Red Skull!

Thanks for commenting and voting guys! It really means a lot!

Leo POV.

Leo did not think his life could get anymore confusing. And that was before the giant snake busted through the library nearly eating the blond haired jerk, that had made all his friends either faint or go into shock.

"Are you sure?" Lou Ellen asked for the millionth time.

"Lou Ellen, if you ask me one more time, You might just join the ghosts haunting this castle!" Nico snapped.

The son of Hades seemed much more alive now than earlier. The color has returned to his face making him look...well, not dead. That didn't necessarily make him look any less like the Son of the God of the underworld. But he was walking without help from Annabeth, that was good.

Speaking of Annabeth, her and Hermione were talk quickly and quietly following them. Surprisingly, Annabeth and Hermione had hit it off extremely well, of course after Lou Ellen had explained the whole the Greek and Roman Gods are real thing and Hermione had over gotten over the initial shock. Annabeth had a slight concussion, nothing a little ambrosia couldn't fix. She also was suffering from "Seaweed Brain Withdraw" as she put it and was nervously paying with the silver ring on her necklace again. It was like emotional detachment had ignited her ADHD ten-fold.

Hermione wore a worried look on her face. Leo could imagine she felt slightly guilty for unknowingly being part of a plan to rob them of the package Her frizzy, brown hair bounced in her step, her eyes gave off an angry glint-- sort of like Annabeth. If he were Ron or Harry right he'd try avoiding the brown haired, know-it-all, for at least the next month.

He looked to his right where Lou Ellen glared hatefully at Nico's back. He couldn't help but feel giddy looking at her. He had accidentally announced that maybe, just maybe, he sorta kinda liked her. And she had turned a very sexy colored red. It made her eyes glisten, and not with a You-are-so-dead-when-I-finish-pranking-you sparkle that it normally held when he looked at her.

Did she like him back? Or was that normal girl behavior? Was he just misreading signs? Gah! The female population is so confusing!

Lou Ellen turned and looked at him her gaze noticeably softening. "What?" She asked and Leo realized he'd been staring a bit too long.

"I-uh- you were just-uh, um," Leo felt his tongue tie into knots and he let out an exasperated sigh. "Words!"

Was it his imagination or did she just giggle? Giggling was good right? Annabeth did it around Percy, Piper did it with Jason, Hazel...well he wasn't quite sure about her. He guessed Reyna did it around Nico. So giggling, is good?

Lou Ellen's eyes flickered upwards and she stifled a laugh. She turned away facing forward still trying not to smile.

Now it was his turn to be confused. "What?"

He glanced behind him and saw Hermione was gaping at him. Annabeth was rolling her eyes.

"Yeah he does that." She said pulling her along.

"What?"

"Valdez, your hair's on fire again." Nico said without even looking back. Leo frowned, driving his hand through his curly brown hair. He looked at his hand now covered in flames, blushing a light red.

"Oops."

"That is so amazing!" Hermione marveled.

Leo chucked awkwardly patting out the flames. He glanced at Lou Ellen who was back to glaring at Nico. He swallowed hard. Gods, he must have looked like an idiot, catching fire like that. How could she ever like him now?!