Chapter 2

*By AliceW12346*
*Pictured above is Chief Alex Striker as I imagine him*  

Rina Steele woke up to a loud ringing playing in her ears. Her eyes fluttered open and she stretched her body, letting out a tiny squeak with a yawn. She looked to her right and saw a panel glowing green. She pressed it and it slid open, revealing a small camera with a screen showing a man with a black hair and blue eyes, a long scar across his jaw.

Good morning, Rina. How are you? I heard your last mission was a success, but, then again, when are they not?" Chief Striker greeted her.

Eli Striker was his great-grandfather. The Agency was passed down through the generations, but only if they were worthy of it. They have to go through a series of tests and challenges in which they'd have to perfect to be able to become Chief of the Agency.  But there's never been a Chief that wasn't a Striker.

"Good morning, Alex. Yes, the mission was a success. Is there a reason you're waking me up at..." She checked the clock. "...5:30 in the morning? Not to be rude but I want to kill you right now since I'm still tired."

Alex chuckled and Rina watched as his shoulders shook, not finding any amusement in the situation.

"You are lucky you're like a daughter to me, Rina, otherwise I wouldn't tolerate such disrespect." He shook his head before sitting up straight. "Rina, I'd like to have a meeting with you at 10. It's very important that you make this. On time. And try to be prepared for any kind of...hassle."

Rina narrowed her eyes. "What kind of hassle?"

"Well, the Head of Congress, the Chief Director of the FBI and head of Homeland Security will be doing their annual visit and I'd like to have them speak with you. They're the ones that fund the program and I'd like to stay on their good side. Presenting them with you would show the incredible accomplishments made by the Agency." Alex tapped his fingers impatiently as Rina stared him down. "And I'd like to introduce you to your new partner..." he added under his breath.

"Who?" she asked sternly.

"You don't know him. I know that for certain."

"Alex, I know everyone in this facility. The only person who I have no idea of is the blank name."

Alex shifted his eyes around.

"Wait. Blank is my partner?"

Alex nodded slightly making her release her breath.

"Alright see you at 10," she said, cutting him off by ending the call. With that, Rina threw herself under the covers once more and let sleep take her.

***

The blaring once again startled Rina awake. She opened her eyes and stepped out of bed, looking over at the clock to see the time as 9:30 am. She swiped at her eyes and stood before making her way to the bathroom.

Rina stood before the bathroom mirror, stripped bare, examining her reflection. Her pale skin was flawless, like porcelain. Her red hair was wild and fiery, splayed about on her head.

She stepped into the shower and washed herself off. After she was done, she changed into a blank tank top and cargo pants with combat boots. Her hair fell in a cascade of curls over her shoulders, reaching down to her waist.

Once she was ready, Rina looked at the clock and saw it was 9:55. With one last look in the mirror, she turned away and walked out her door and into the hallway.