II - Juliet needs Romeo

Chapter II

Juliet needs Romeo

LORRAINE

Lorraine thought it was safe to say that she was awfully bored and that her room was oddly nice and completely neat. She understood though, she was locked up here on purpose and it was for her own good. But she felt lonely and a bit depressed; she tried to cheer herself up though. She'd sometimes knit and sew little dresses for her own amusement. Then there's someone-or something-that did show up seldom and tried to eat her, so she tried not to think about him.

She would also sing to the blue birds that sometimes visit her by the balcony and play chess with herself. What she does encounter often is the loud roar of the dragon; she could also hear its low growls and snarls that often give her the jitters. Her father promised her that the dragon won't do her any harm, it was for her protection, or so that's what her father wants her to believe.

Just a week after her arrival in the tower, she started writing down her daily schedule. She naturally wakes up at around 6:30 am, then she eats her food, then her given hobbies, eats again, takes a bath and sleeps. That was only 30% of her daily routine, she spent most of her time fantasizing of her future prince charming, rehearsing for a few verses and poems to recite for him, and she would also draw her dream prince charming. She'd most likely imagined him to be 6-foot tall, fairly tan skin, with perfectly aligned teeth, a strong jaw and thick neck, and most especially with blonde silky hair. Imagine how their children would look like, Lorraine swoons just thinking about it.

Her back bounced on her queen-sized bed. Her curly blonde locks scattered neatly around her head and in her hands was a white daisy the blue birds had picked for her a while ago. She liked what she was wearing, a simple maroon dress that ended on top of her feet; she loves anything red such as maroon or scarlet, it fits her though, she was full of love even though she hasn't found hers yet.

Laying on top of her bed wasn't so bad at all, on the ceiling was the galaxy she painted just a month ago. Every night, she stares at the balcony and that's what inspired her to paint, so if she goes to sleep, she will still be able to see the stars.

After minutes of doing nothing, she decided to go to the other tower across hers. How is she going to do that? Zip lining. It was only a few days when she found out there was a rope on her window connecting to the other tower, she presumed the distance was estimated to be about 15 to 20 meters away. It was quite short, so she gave it a try. It was a week after when she decided to try it out. It took a lot of guts until she finally gathered all of them up. Before she went zip lining, she grabbed her radio cassette. She used another rope she found from one of her supplies under her bed, as she safely climbed up the rails of the balcony she hung on tight on the ropes and zip-lined. As she always does this, she closed her eyes and after a few seconds, she was already on the other balcony.

After fixing her hair and her dress, she was ready to take a stroll in the hallways. She'd most likely see creepy paintings of the royal family that once lived there, all of it looks ancient—thousands of years old. She would then reach the huge staircases that lead to the throne room, although the walls look tattered and wrecked, the throne room looked magnificent based on what she imagined it would be. She imagined it to have a shiny golden floor and an enormous chandelier dangling from the ceiling and everyone would just dance as the king and queen watched from their thrones, beside the chairs would be where the band is, playing either jazz or simple classic music.

That wasn't Lorraine's favorite part of the castle though, if there's anything she longed for, it would be the princess's closet. The princess that once lived there had the best wardrobe ever, even better than hers. Despite how old and dusty the gowns were, they were still beautiful and she would try all of them; one gown at a day. She wished she could bring all of them to her room, but they would be so heavy to carry on the zipline, and they were all very dusty it might untidy her room.