VII - Enchanted Forest

Chapter VII

Enchanted Forest

GUINEVERE

Thinking they were far enough from the giant coven, they rested somewhere in a part of the woods, created a bonfire and ate the berries Gwen had taken with her through her journey. She took out some of the blankets from their bag, instead of taking out two, there was only one inside the bag. Lorraine was shivering a bit, covering her shoulders.

     Gwen tossed her the maroon blanket and hit her face. Lorraine wasn't pleased about it. "Rude."

"You're welcome," Gwen proceeded on sharpening her sword with a rock. She had used her cape to warm herself up. When Lorraine had covered herself, she huffed, "Thank you."

     The raven-haired looked up at the princess. She seemed a bit distressed and traumatized regarding of the previous situation they were in. Guinevere was slightly traumatized too, she hasn't seen that much giants before the one in the tournament. It was different for Lorraine though, she was friends with a giant. Perhaps she was more shocked about the fact she had a near death experience.

     "You doing alright, princess?"

     "Uh...yeah," she smiled at her, and stared back at the fire.

     "You hungry?" Guinevere stood up to give her the bag of rations she brought with her, it had 2 bottles of water, uncooked sausages, bread, and berries (she had a separate bag of apples for Clockwise, who was eating them at the moment).

     "Yeah. Thank you, again." The blonde watched her get back down to her seat, "Are you not going to eat?"

     "Oh, no. I've had enough berries, that's all for tonight."

     Lorraine had taken out a roll of Spanish bread, "Is that like one of you diet routines to have like a body of a fighter? I remember one of our palace guards told me knights shouldn't eat too much, they follow a certain diet routine."

     "That's true, indeed. Not for me though, first of all, I'm not really a knight. So I still play by my own rules. You're one to talk, don't princesses have those routines as well?"

     "Well the difference between you and I, Guinevere, is that despite being an actual princess, I still play by my own rules," she said, taking a huge bite of her bread roll. Guinevere laughed at the princess's enthusiasm.

     After swallowing her food, she looked back at her knight, "Say, Guinevere's quite an unusual name. Who named you that?"

     "My mother. She's obsessed  with anything related to royalty and queens and such. I was named after King Arthur's wife, Guinevere. I have a brother named Arthur."

     "Really? Is it just you and Arthur?"

     "We're six actually. Arthur's the eldest, then came Harold the first. Harold was a former king of England; Solomon, named after King Solomon most famous for his wisdom; then there's Charlemagne, whom we call Charles, Charles the Great was a Roman Emperor."

     "You have four brothers?"

     "And a sister, Elizabeth, named after–"