VI - Bimbi's Menu: A Knight, a Horse and a Princess

Chapter VI

Bimbi's Menu: A Knight, a Horse and a Princess

LORRAINE

Before she could even grab Gwen's arm, she bolted towards her armory and took her sword. Quickly, she ran after her and yanked her back from attacking, "Stop! They will not harm you unless you harm them!"

"They're giants! Who knows they were only tricking you so they can eat you–us in this case."

A shadow loomed over their small bodies; it was followed by two more humongous shadows. By the huge wooden doors, stood 3 15-foot tall giants, the one in the middle, Bimbi, was the biggest with a really huge round belly. The one on his left was shorter, but less stout, his single tooth attracted the most attention. The last one on his right was the slimmest of the three, he had one damaged eye, and Lorraine thought it looked nasty.

The three of them weren't looking at her though, they were looking at the other girl beside her.

"ANOTHER PRINCESS!" The smallest said.

"BIMBI, YOU DIDN'T SAY THERE WERE TWO OF 'EM!" The slimmest said, his voice sounded even huskier inside. Next thing happened, the smallest had already grabbed Gwen by her ankle that made her swing upside down. She drew her sword out, slashing it in every way. Frightened that he might get hurt, the giant dropped her. Gwen landed with a painful thud.

"Gwen!" Lorraine exclaimed in panic. The girl had her eyes closed but she was still conscious, "Mom?" she asked in dizziness, "No, Lorraine," she replied, "Oh."

"OY, BE CAREFUL WITH THE PRINCESS!" The skinny one said and hit the short one on the back of his head.

"THAT'S NO PRINCESS, THAT'S A GIFT FROM THE PRINCESS!" This time, Bimbi grabbed Gwen up. She, who still felt a bit dizzy, continued swaying her sword around, "THE PRINCESS HAD GOTTEN US SOMETHING TO EAT!"

"No, I'm no food! Put me down you big and-" Gwen shut all her senses as her face neared Bimbi's mouth, "-stinky." she squeezed out.

"YOU'RE NOT A NICE PRINCESS!" The short one said.

"Bimbi! Put her down, she's a friend! I'll give you something else, just not her," Lorraine pleaded. Her heart was terribly palpitating, and she was terribly hoping the giants wouldn't eat Gwen. Bimbi started drooping his arms down, "Careful!" and gently let go of the girl on the ground.

From somewhere around the trees, their eyes drifted to a black horse inside a net. His mouth was stuffed with something gross (as Lorraine would describe). And he was continuously kicking around.

"Clockwise! I thought I'd never see you again-eeehhw!-what's that in your mouth?" While Gwen worked on getting Clockwise out of the net, Lorraine turned to the three giants, staring at her emotionless. (From behind her she heard the horse talk, "Why are you wearing a ball gown?" "No time to explain!")

"Thank you so much for letting us out there, and also for not eating my friend and letting our horse go," Lorraine said.

"WHO SAID WE'RE LETTING THE HORSE GO?"

Both Lorraine and Gwen froze.

"YOU TWO CAN GO, BUT, WE EAT THE HORSE," the skinny giant pointed at the black horse that was now out of the net. Gwen was hugging him protectively.

Lorraine looked back at the two, both with worried looks on their faces. She couldn't have possibly thought that these instances might not happen with a giant, right? Gwen was right for one thing though, they were giants, and there's nothing that can change their nature.