V - Lorraine's Weekly Visitor

Chapter V

Lorraine's Weekly Visitor

GUINEVERE

Gwen was positive; there was an earthquake occurring around the area. Lorraine on the other hand, looked as if she knew this was coming.

"Earthquake?" She asked the princess.

She shook her head, "No."

Yep, it wasn't an earthquake, instead it was-"Uh oh," Lorraine said.

"What do you mean 'uh-oh'?"

"Stay put and do not talk," Lorraine was whispering now, so she started to panic, "What? What is it? Just tell me."

"Hush!"

From outside the castle, through the huge block of stones, she heard a familiar voice. So familiar, that Gwen can even imitate its accent.

"Oh please! Please! Let me go! I have a mission! A reason to live!"

It was replaced by a much modulated voice, "IF YOU DON'T CLOSE YOUR MOUTH, I WILL CHEW ON YOUR YUMMY BONES RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW."

"It's Clockwise! Someone took him! We have to save him," Gwen half whispered, half yelled.

"No! If we make a noise, it'll be the end for all of us."

"Can you please just tell me what's going on?"

"Fine! But you have to stay quiet, I beg of you."

"Spill, Blondie!"

"Oh please! Please! I'll do whatever you want, just don't eat me!"

There was a brief silence, until the other voice spoke, "OH, I DO HAVE SOMETHING I DESIRE MORE THAN HORSE FLESH."

"Oh! You want a ferret? How about beef? Hmmmm! Much yummier."

"NO. I WANT...HUMAN FLESH."

Gwen almost fainted. She looked up at the princess, "You know who the man speaking is?"

Lorraine sighed, exhausted. "He's not a man. He's a giant."

Gwen's body collapsed in Lorraine's small arms, fortunately she had a good catch. Gwen was still awake though, but she wished she just went unconscious. "Y-you, you knew there was a giant...okay."

"He often visits me in the tower. I was lucky enough that he doesn't want to eat me."

"He wanted human flesh, are you not human?!"

"Shhh!"

They heard the giant stop walking, "DID YOU HEAR THAT?"

"What? Hear wh-what?"

Now it was sniffing, and that was the last thing Gwen wanted. She squeezed on one of Lorraine's hands, gripping on it as though there was no more tomorrow. "Gwen, I have an idea."

"What?"

"I can talk to Bimbi, I can make him-"

"You named that creature?!"

"No! Listen, I can talk to him and make him clear the doors so we can get out. He won't harm any of us as long as I am with you."

"How can you be so sure of that, may I ask? A minute ago, you were so afraid of getting caught and now you want to turn ourselves over? And he's a giant for Odin's sake, it's in his nature to harm, especially humans!"