Chapter 3

Hyewon stared up at him, completely puzzled and pushed herself up from the ground. Nudging past him, she left the cupboard and wandering out from behind the counter.

She glanced around the room, searching for what had made the boy return with such a face, but after a few seconds, she realised the problem.

The view of mountains had been replaced with a layer of white snow which was pressed firmly against the windows.

Her body froze as she stared at the snow piled high above her and she immediately searched for an exit. All of the windows were blocked, covering the room in a shadow of darkness and making it impossible to see outside but she begged for a solution.

Her eyes darted towards the door, but it was also blocked. Her head fell into her hands and she let out a sigh of disbelief as she realised what had happened. She was trapped.

She watched as the boy slowly left the store room, the shock still eident om his face and they both stared at each other for a moment.

Hyewon pulled her gaze away and grabbed the phone hiding in her pocket. She hoped she'd be able to contact Tara but there was no signal adn she dropped the device onto the table in front of her.

"What are we going to do?" she asked, turning back to the boy with a look of horror.

"I don't know" he replied, looking completely lost as he stared at the windows.

-----

Hyewon was slouched over a table in the middle of the cafe, trying to keep calm but failing miserably. Her mind was running through the events of the morning but her eyes flickered on the guy as he rattled the doors in frustration.

As he turned away their eyes met for a moment but he turned away.

"So....I guess we'll be here a bit longer than expected" he said, chuckling awkwardly.

Hojung couldn't speak, so just nodded her head in reply.

She wished she'd brought more suitable clothes and glanced down at her ripped jeans and t-shirt, wrapping herself inside her cardigan.

She glanced at the window, noticing a gap near the very top which let in a small slit of light. It was beginning to get dark outside and she looked at the clock on the wall as the boy entered with a few dusty candles.

"I guess I should search for some blankets then" he muttered from behind and Hyewon turned to him in shock.

"What!?"

"Everyone goes back to their chalets at seven so nobody will find us tonight" he answered, pointing at the clock on the wall.

"Are you serious?" she asked, widening her eyes in shock.

"Why would I lie when I'm trapped here too?" he laughed before disappearing into one of the rooms again.

Hyewon strolled over to the drinks which were still placed on the counter, taking a sip of the bitter coffee in hopes that it would calm her slightly.

There were a few booths on the other sides of the shop and she wandered over to them, pressing the cushion to test it's padding like a child bouncing on their bed.

A crashing noise caught her attention and she flicked her head to the side, checking for the cause. One of the doors swung open, revealing the guy who was now dragging a ragged grey blanket and some old seat cushions towards her.

He handed her the blanket with a small smile before placing the rest near the fireplace.

"This is all I could find" he sighed.

"T-thanks" she managed to force from her lips.

He looked up at Hyewon and a small smile played on his lips.

"I realised that I don't know your name yet" he suddenly announced.

"I'm Kim Minseok but most people call me Xiumin" he said, signaling for her to say her own.

"Hi, I'm Hyewon" she whispered, watching as his lips broke into an even wider grin.

"Ah, Hyewon. It suits you" he muttered, stepping towards her all of a sudden.

"But I prefer nicknames" he declared, a grin still plastered on his face.

"Really? What's mine?" she questioned, peeking at the boy who was only a few centimetres away from her.

He paused for a second before replying, moving closer so he could whisper in her ear.

"Cinnamon, cause you spice me up"

.

.

"That was bad" she giggled, staring at him with fake disgust.

"Yeah, I know" he replied, moving away.

She smiled lightly at him before quickly turning back to her seat.
_____