Chapter 19

Sorry for updating so late!

I hope you enjoy the chapter!

*****************************
Reuben pov

I sighed as I buried my face in Ophelia's hair taking in her scent. She giggled at me. Cute~. I thought looking up at her as she smiled. Since mom died she told me that she made it her mission to see me laugh, smile and for my eyes sparkle again. So far she accomplished one,  the smiling part. When she had told me that I couldn't help but smile at her, she's just so precious and she's all mine. I sighed again this time happy with how quiet today has been so far.

No one died, no one was attacked and dad came home safely last night. I heard a thud on the floor outside making me get up and quickly check the window in case any enemy tries to attack us but instead of the enemy I saw dad sitting on the floor rubbing his head. "Ouch..." He groaned.  I raised my eyebrow "Uhh dad... Did you just fall off the roof?" I asked. He glared up at me "No!" I smirked trying not to laugh "Then what are you doing on the ground?" I asked. "Hugging it." He answered and with such a straight face I had to force myself not laugh. Suddenly I was dangling out the window and staring into pale silver eyes with a tint of gold in them. "Say nothing and I will tell your mate that you wet your bed when you were eight." I narrowed my eyes at him. "You wouldn't, mom said she'll never tell anyone." Dad smirked "Your mother did, but I didn't." I frowned "...Fine." I sighed after a while.

Dad chuckled "Good." He made sure my feet were on the floor before he let go. He patted me on my head then disappeared. I sighed before facing Ophelia who looked highly amused at me "Does he always do that?" She asked amusement was clear in her voice. "Only when I see something he doesn't want me to see." She giggled at my answer. "Come on, the pack is having lunch together." I nodded at her and we left my room. We all sat at the table and waited for dad to join us. When he did he sat silently on the table. No one said anything for a while just eating silently, then dad spoke up.

"Our elders are dead and Karayan has control over them." We gasped. "Every night he attacks a supernatural being, every day he gets stronger and he causes more disaster, he takes lives and he wants nothing more than fear and death" Dad sighed. "All I can say is he's a complete pain in the ass and I want him gone." We chuckled "He's trying to break us down, to tear us apart. He's testing all the patience we have and he knows who to target and where to hit. He has already hit us, taking away your Luna right in front of us." Anger coursed through me but not mine, the pack anger. "He thinks he has us beaten because of this. He thinks he's winning and damn him he is." Dad growled.

"He's winning because I've been sitting on my ass doing nothing but feeling hollow at the loss of my mate, your Luna. I was lost, I had no idea how to stop Karayan and he took advantage of that. Apart of me was missing, it still is but I'll die with my tongue cut out before I ever say that Karayan is a king, before I let son of a bitch win. I can feel it, Jade's still here and she's fighting with us, for us. If I give up now I'm sure when I die she'll chock me for the rest of eternity. Because giving up is just what he wants. We're what's standing in his way. So he's going to try and pick us off piece by piece. We won't let him. Now I'm going to ask once. Are you all willing to fight with me?" No one said anything at first but I knew they would follow their alpha into battle. "I speak for everyone when I say this... Hell yeah!" I said. Dad smirked and nodded. "Good."

Suddenly a glow surrounded the house. Safira walked into the house her eyes glowing green. "You just strengthened the shield over the pack house and everywhere Jade put up a shield. You're lucky I came here to beat some sense into you but it seems you snapped out of it already. Good because the next attack is the dragons.." She said. She passed Sarah giving her a hug and kiss on her forehead. "The attack can be tomorrow or next two days maybe even next week but it's coming. We're ready for it but we'd like some help protecting the younger ones and the women unable to fight." She explained and I saw her take away dad's chicken then sat on Kyle's lap.

"Of course we'd help no need to ask." Dad said rolling his eyes "You also have the mermaids help as well. Our history isn't perfect but now is as good as a chance to change that. We're good at healing and defense and we specialize in light magic, while you're in the air we'll be on the ground." Serena said. Safira stared at her for a while just chewing her chicken. "Your help will be appreciated. I just hope gramps don't throw a fit when he sees your father." Serena smiled "I wonder why they don't get along?" Safira shrugged. "Well we'll find out when they see each other again. Anyway I have to go, Astarot is waiting for me we have dragons to train. See you all soon and Kaleb take care of my baby girl." She said leaving.

"And NO SEX!!!" I burst out laughing at the hot blush on Kaleb's face since Safira yelled that from outside and very loudly too. I knew that half of the pack heard her because they were laughing too. "MOM!!!" "I second that!" Kyle said before leaving calmly "DAD!" I laughed more at the flustered couple. Ophelia smiled widely at me. You're laughing! I didn't get to do it but it still counts! Yay! She mind linked me. I gave her a soft smile and kissed her temple. Her face turned red making me laugh at her and in turn her blush deepened and her smile widened.

After eating I saw Adrianna go back up to her room. I followed her. "Adrianna." She stopped and sighed "What? K already talked to me. Are you going to-" I cut her off with a slap. "I've had it with you and your don't care attitude. You're pissing me off. You're the one who's supposed to be trying to help the most. Because you are the one who caused most of the damage. Your mate is out there risking his life for everyone! Trying to save as many people human and supernatural a like. And what are you doing? What are you doing?!" I yelled making her flinch. "Nothing that's what. Well guess what you're going to start helping. I'm giving you ten minutes. If you're not back downstairs in ten minutes I'll drag you down myself." She nodded then went into her room. I turned only to face dad.

"What do you have planned?" He asked "I was planning to follow Damon to help him while he took the dead souls back to where they belong. And I was also going with Ophelia to help heal the injured around the other packs but I'll send Kal and Sarah to do that today. I'm going to make her help out in pack hospitals." I explained. Dad nodded "Alright but don't just help wolves. There are humans and other supernatural beings that need help too. Her powers are still locked, but not all of them. She can only go where you are. Half her speed is there as well as her healing. Teleporting, flying, the other half of her speed, her shifting, ability to cast spells and use fire are still gone. Jade knew what she was doing making Adrianna grounded." I nodded. Ten minutes had passed already.

I was about to go and get her when she opened the door. "Good, you're out in time. Let's go." I turned ready to leave but stopped when I noticed her staring at dad. "Come on we don't have time to waste." I growled out. She frowned. "Am I ungrounded, dad?" She asked hopeful "No. Far from it actually. Especially with the attitude you suddenly have. Now go. Reuben is waiting." With that we headed downstairs. Ophelia tagged along and we all went to the pack hospital.