Chapter 20

Adrianna pov

Reuben had stopped by our neighouring pack's hospital first. When we got out we were greeted with smiles. "Welcome. What do you need?" A beautiful woman greeted us. From her power I knew that she was a luna. "We don't need anything. We would however like to help you out." Reuben answered. I nodded in silent agreement. I noticed Ophelia was missing but then I spotted her by some children. The flowers around her bloomed and she gave them to the terrified little girl. I watched as she gently and calmly talked to the girl, calming her down and stopping her crying. She'll make an amazing mother. I thought smiling softly. I also noticed Ben watching her with the utmost respect and love in his eyes. "Come, Ophelia, I know the perfect thing to have you help me with." Lynn, the luna's name, told her smiling. She nodded and began to follow behind. "Please join us as well, princess." I nodded and followed after them, taking note that Reuben disappeared.

We entered a room on the second floor and was met with a human in labor. She looked to be in the most pain ever. "She wasn't due until next week, and we can't get her to calm down to help deliver the baby. A lot of our expecting mothers went into labor before time. A week is the longest time has been for the birth of their pups." Lynn explained. "You want us to help calm them down to deliver the pups right?" Ophelia asked as if this was nothing. I frowned and Ophelia noticed. "You're helping. Luna is helping guide us. We're going to be house wives for the evening." I gulped nodding noticing how icy her eyes became when she turned serious.

She nodded and smiled "Be calm. If you freak out so will she and she'll lose her pups if she does." I nodded and we got to work. Ophelia worked on calming and soothing the woman. Half an hour passed after she had finally calmed down and the pushing began. Another two hours went before she gave birth. Lynn gave her the triplets and she cried tears of joy. Two boys and the youngest a girl. Her mate burst through the door after and he refused to leave her side even when she fell asleep. We went to a next woman and Ophelia and I switched roles.

I did my best to calm her down and encourage her while she gave birth. After four more hours she finally gave birth to twins. One boy one girl. We didn't stay to see her mate's reaction, instead we moved on. We spent the whole night assisting Lynn with helping the women of her pack give birth. We lost the lives of two of them and that crushed the mates. One of them weren't calming down but her urge to push became too great to ignore and she had to push. Instead of listening to us about her pup being wrapped in her umbilical cord, she kept pushing and her pup suffercated and she bleed to death. Luckily I was able to restore her with Ophelia's help. When she realised her pup was gone she cried her eyes out. Her mate did his best to help but I knew he took it just as hard. Lynn had scolded the woman greatly and she took it with her head held high, and with tears in her eyes. After her scolding she got a hug from Lynn.

The other one we lost this time was the mother. She had quadruplets but her body was weak. She only fought through to give birth to her pups, all girls. She was excited and sad that she got to see and hold them but won't get to see them grow up. Her mate was devastated. I smiled sadly at them when she threatened to come back from the dead and kill him if he neglects her girls. She even told him that if he looked at them they each have a piece of her in them. Next to me Ophelia was sniffling. We made sure no one died after that. Not the mother, not the pup or pups.

It was morning by the time we finished and moved onto helping the injured pack warriors. There we found Reuben in his moon god mode healing a lot of the patients injuries one after the other. Ophelia went to the ones he had reached already and eased their pain. Reuben could heal but the pain still lingered. I chose to do both. I went to one of the warriors and began to heal him. In no time he began to heal and let out a sigh of relief before he finally went to sleep peacefully. We all worked until noon the next day.

After finishing up with that pack we went to a vampire hideout where they hide the injured from the world. I noticed Damon there and the sullen look of the vampires. I went to call out to him but Reuben stopped me. "Don't... Just watch." He whispered to me. I nodded and continued to watch my mate at work. He was standing by a little girl holding her hand, and comforting her.  I could see from here that she was dying and it was too late to save her. I frowned seeing what looked like her father besides her stroking her hair,  pain written all over his face but he was sobbing a little.

"Hush little one, everything is going to be okay." Damon spoke,  his voice sounding hollow and like whispers yet it held a gentle and comforting sound. "It hurts... Am I going to die?" The little girl asked. This made her father sob a little more than before. "Yes... but it's alright, your mother will be waiting for you." Damon answered. A suddenly power pushed me forward and suddenly a glowing figure appeared, though it looks like only I can see it.

"Walk forward..." It stated. I hesitated "I've been sent by your mother. Trust me... Walk forward and you'll know what to do..." Nodding I began to walk forward "What are you doing? Adi-" Reuben started but stopped as I was surrounded in light and now wore a beautiful golden dress surround by silver light. Purely on instincts I set my hand on the little girl's own and surrounded her in  warmth. "Fear not little one... only happiness awaits you on the other side, as well as your mother. You'll be in safe hands." My voice sounded like mine but not like mine at the same time. She smiled but then frowned "What about papa...? He'll be alone... I don't want to leave him, he'll be so sad." I smiled sadly. See if he wishes to join his family... I stood and faced the man. He looked utterly broken and defeated. "...Do you wish to join your family?" I asked.

He stared at me in surprise for a while "C-Can I? Can I really go?" He asked in disbelief. I nodded and he smiled. "Yes! Yes I would like to go!" He nodded. Having his approval the aura around me glowed more. I took hold of his hand gently and then his daughters. "Come little one, your mother awaits your arrival." She weakly took my hand and all three of us began to glow. In front of us stood a white light and standing there was a woman. She was brown skin with beautiful curly hair and light brown eyes. Her smile widened when the little girl ran towards her and embraced her, closely followed by the man. "Rest peacefully..." I stated right before they disappeared from my sight.

I was back in the room. Damon and I did this for the next two hours. We were finished for the day after those two hours. Out of sight we went back to normal, or Damon did. "My work here is finished... Catch her." I said before going back to normal. As soon as the light disappeared and I went back to normal I dropped. Thankfully Reuben caught me. I couldn't hear a thing he was saying and I was losing focus. It wasn't long until I passed out at least I heard one voice that I've been longing to hear for months.

You did good. Now rest, Anna...

".... Mom..." A tear slipped out of my eyes.

************************************

I updated late! I'm so sorry about that. I'm horrible!!!

*slap! *

Awww! What was that for?!

Daniel:  Being an idiot. Now calm down.

*Huff* Fine. Alright all I wanted to say is thank you! Thank you to those still reading this book no matter how boring it probably is now.  So thank you!

Okay I'm done

Daniel: Good let's go for some chicken... Or ice cream in your case