Chapter 24

Reuben pov

It has been a week since Adriana had that surge of power. It happened again two more times, in a wolf pack and a human hospital, she saved many lives and helped many more move on, but all those times Adri would pass out after. She had told us that the supernatural she transformed into felt really close to mom's moon goddess form just weaker than mom's actual goddess and even though it was weaker it was still too strong for her body, hence why she passed out after using it. Well lucky for her after the third time she used it some of the power remained in her body allowing her to assist Damon with the souls that passed on. For some reason I think mom had a hand in that one.

Today we were all heading over to the dragons island. Derek was there with Serena already and I couldn't wait to see them. Sapphire was right, Karayan had planed to attack the dragons, just he first sent his minions to try and see who they can capture. I'm sad to think that he actually managed to change about a hundred dragons into dark shadow dragons and all it took was a bite from the tainted wolves and vampires.

Ophelia brought me out of my thoughts "You are worrying too much, Ru..." she told me frowning. I sighed "Can you blame me?" her frown deepened "No I don't blame you. But if you keep worrying then that means Karayan can sneak his way into your mind with ease and he can manipulate you. I don't want that. I just found you..." she trailed off her eyes welling with tears. I walked over to her and brought her into my arms "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you worry, it's just- Karayan is strong and the thought that we might lose the dragons scares me. All the new dragons came from mom, and they're all like family.  A family that we just got back." she nodded her head "I understand that, and I will not give you wrong for your worries, however they will do you no good. You can't fight if you're busy worrying." I blinked and stared at her with a poker face.

"Now that you make it sound like that, I guess you're right." "You guess?" she asked raising a playful eyebrow at me. I chuckled "Alright, I'm wrong and you're right." she smiled up at me her eyes sparkling "Better." I laughed and planted a quick kiss on her lips before we landed on the island. I smiled when I was instantly tackled to the ground by three baby dragons. They moved around me swiftly all of them licking me and snuggling into my arms "Hey guys!" I laughed out and they transformed into their human selves reviling two boys and a girl. "Uncle Benny!" Ophelia burst out laughing at the nickname the triplets gave me, Adriana and Sarah joining her laughter.

 "Uncle Benny? Haha! Oh I'm never going to let you live this one down!" Adriana laughed out. Dad chuckled "Not you too dad..." I groaned laying on the ground. He chuckled and shrugged before he walked off. "Come on uncle Benny, grandpa is waiting." Kaleb stated as he took Sarah's hand and pulled her to follow him. "Take us with you!" the triplets called out. Chuckling I swiftly picked all three of them up causing them to squeal and laugh. "A little help?" I asked Ophelia. She nodded and took Aston from my arms. Ash looked at Ophelia and gave her a big smile.

"You're really pretty." he said. She laughed "Thank you! And you're very handsome!" she smiled. Aston looked down blushing "Thank you!" "I wanna go by the pretty lady too!" Alistair and Amalia stated. "So you guys don't like me anymore huh?" I asked them. They laughed "No! We still like you too!" they yelled. I was about to say something when a roar sounded through the air. Instantly, the scent of ashes reached my nose. "Run! Take the triplets and carry them to Faye! She'll protect them!" I quickly told Ophelia. 

Her wings appeared and she instantly took off with the triplets. I looked up and was about to jump up and onto the dragon when Derek appeared. "You're not going to fight without me!" I nodded and he transformed into his dragon self. I quickly got onto his back and we flew into the air. Derek roared catching the shadow dragons attention. I turned into my warlock and began casting light spells to attack the dragons with. Derek and the shadow dragon clashed, clawing and blowing fire at each other. 

Soon enough half of the dragons were in the air fighting to keep the shadow dragons from landing. The other half stayed on the ground to fight and protect the young ones from the dragons that came out of the sea. I looked down when I heard a scream and saw Serena literally rip apart a dragon. That's my girl... Derek stated as he finished off another dragon. I laughed silently "I'm going to help them at the bottom, think you can handle up here?" I asked. "You're acting as if he's alone!" Kaleb stated.

I smirked and jumped off Derek. I dived head first into the water and transformed into a merman not a second later. Let's do this! I heard. My name's Jabal, I'm obviously your merman. We can catch up later, let's protect our friends and family. With that I began to move my tail and swiflty swim through the water. The first shadow dragon I saw in the water I quickly killed it  with a light spear. The spear was made of water but in it was a white looking thing, that I assumed was light. I was right when it would explode into light as soon as it pierced the shadow dragon with it.

We continued on like this for more than two hours and we were getting tired. Kaleb, Adriana and I were constantly switching places. Kaleb was in the air, Adriana was on the ground and I on water, then we'd switch. I went on the ground Kaleb in the water and Adriana in the air. Dad was doing all three, he'd land on the ground and deal with lots of dragons before diving into the water and causing some extra damage to the enemy in the water then he'd throw a dragon into the sky following right after it and attacking whatever came after him in the air. 

Suddenly I felt a chill go up my spine, so I looked up just to see something strike Derek. "Derek!" I yelled as he began to fall. He landed with a hard and loud thud on the ground and I instantly felt a lot of pain and my link to him gone. I ran over to him only to see a gaping hole where his heart should be and no light in his eyes. "NOO!!" I spun around as I herd Serena's scream. She was running towards us but a shadow appeared behind her "Serena!" Navina and I screamed just as a hand went through her chest. I stopped and we gaped as her body began turning grey. She looked at me, tears running down her eyes but with a soft smile on her face.

"I'm glad we met...thank you for protecting me...for everything..." she whispered her last words as her whole body turned grey before crumbling into dust. When I looked up I glared at the man who gave me a smirk "Hmm. What power..." he stomped his foot causing the island to shake and crack open allowing more shadows of fallen wolves, vampires, dragons, witches and warlocks, angels and lastly demons to enter through them. "Karayan..." dad growled out and I stepped back in shock. "Ah! Danny boy! Good to see you again!" he smiled at dad sarcastically.

*******************************************************************************************

Yayy- I mean Noooooo!!!! Derek and Serena are deadddd!!!!! 

On to more pressing matters, what are your thoughts?

The first person to tell me...yea I got nothing, just tell me what you think please?

Well you know the drill!

Comment

Press the star thing to....

Vote!!

Thanks for reading! 

BYYYEEEEE!!!!!