//twenty-one

•••

Patrick was the first person to notice Rosemary's arrival with her brother, but was also the only member of Henry's quartet to not move, instead opting to sip from the Taboo in his hand as he sat in the back of a pick up truck. He was more than content trying to ignore her all evening.

Keyword being trying, which he knew was going to be hard once he saw what she was wearing.

Belch was the second to notice her given it she who approached him as he threw several large logs into the metal pit which created the bonfire. Tossing them into the pit, he grinned as Rosemary approached with a grin on her face. Although she would never admit it aloud, Rosemary quite enjoyed Belch's company. If not for his kindly approach to her then it was the lack of expectancy he bore towards her in everything she did. Unlike Jude, or Henry, or Victor, or even Patrick, Belch didn't expect her to act any specific way or respond to him with special treatment the way the boys did. And for her that was a rare element of a human she rarely saw, as Belch thought nothing less of her for not dotting upon him, and he simply enjoyed her presence around him.

"Rosemary!" He smiled at her with deep dimples in each cheek, dropping the logs into the pit before approaching the pair. "Here let me put that on ice for the pair of you" Handing him the cartons, Rosemary stared sadly at the Lemon Ruski's before following behind Belch.

"There's so many people here" She commented, to which Belch laughed.

"You think this is a lot?" Approaching a long esky placed beside one of the cars, Belch placed the drinks inside beside Victor's UDL's. "Damn Rose, you need to get out more" With his hands now free, he smiled at her before bumping shoulders with Jude who grinned, plucking the cigarette from his mouth. "How you doing man?"

"Good now that I can get drunk without my brother breathing down my neck" They both laughed while Rosemary hid her irritation with a tight-lipped smile. The polite friendliness Jude was giving towards Belch spoke far more then he probably realised, because it showed Jude considered the likelihood of Rosemary pursuing Belch to be non-existent. "You drinking tonight?"

Belch scoffed, smiling slightly as he tilted his hat back up, "Nah, I'm designated driver. C'mon, I'll take you inside. Henry's just ducked out with some mates to get a few more drinks" Rosemary felt Jude's arm drape over her shoulder, pulling her closer slightly.

"Sure thing" As they approached the house which was already alive with activity, Rosemary could feel the eyes follow her, many from the boys following her movements and the long stretch of muscle between her ankles and butt. Irritated, Jude inhaled strongly from his cigarette, flicking his ashes towards the stairs.

Walking up the stairs, they entered the front of the house and were greeted by several teenagers which quickly shoved past Jude to walk out the front. Music pumped from further in the house, the source of which they where quickly approaching. Teenagers where strewed across furniture and bundled in groups as they passed through the lounge and dining room, both of which had been cleared of damageable furniture. The music was vibrating comfortably and familiarly through Rosemary's body as Belch ushered them into the kitchen, where Rosemary was quickly encompassed with the smell of vodka coating the nine teenagers which crowded in the kitchen.

"ROSIE!" Under normal circumstances, Victor wouldn't have had the confidence to do what he did next.

Face flushed, slightly dizzy and a half drunk bottle in his right hand he stumbled forward from where he'd followed the trio from the front door and looped his left arm around Rosemary's neck, pulling her away from Jude as he pressed a wet, warm kiss on her cheek. Jude stared in shock, the cigarette dropping to the floor whilst Belch chuckled at the sight. Pulling his lips away he rest his forehead on the side of her head, smiling moronically as he led her towards the group of teenagers. "You ca - me! I'm so happy cause that means you can do shots right?" Not waiting for an answer, he smacked a random teenager on the shoulder and the boy turned to him in confusion from his trio of friends. Rosemary vaguely recognised him as a senior.