//thirty-nine

•••

Needless to say when the meeting ended, Henry was not happy. But he didn't have the opportunity to confront Patrick about the apparent betrayal as his father dragged him by the elbow out of the school.

The next two weeks of suspension where going to be Hell on Earth.

As Rosemary watched Henry walk with his father out of the school, she smiled in amusement and snickered slightly when Oscar Bowers smacked his son upside the head. "If you weren't dead already, you just signed your suicide note" Patrick muttered from slightly further behind her until his mother pulled him into her suddenly. Rosemary stared at the unfamiliar situation in amusement at how much taller Patrick was then his mother, her head barely resting against his collar as he tried not to shove her away.

"I'm so proud of you Patty darling!" Patrick's face flushed as Rosemary let out an audible snort of amusement before she begun giggling at the nickname his mother had bestowed upon him. Patrick wriggled free eventually and his mother looked at Rosemary in admiration, "Rosemary was it? I'm Patrick's mother" Holding her hand out, Rosemary calmly took her hand and smiled sweetly.

"It's lovely to meet you Mrs.Hockstetter" While Patrick's mother smiled in approval, Patrick felt his skin prickle as he glanced behind him to see Rosemary's brothers quickly advancing down the hallway. He swallowed nervously, breaking eye contact with Rosemary's second brother as he overtook the eldest.

He jumped when a hand clamped downwards on his shoulder.

David quickly turned Patrick to face him, the younger and shorter boy staring at him with an unreadable mask of neutrality. Henry's insults ran in Patrick's head and he stared at the noticeably softer looking brother, curious as to whether he genuinely was as homosexual as the rumours claimed.

"Thank you for helping Rosemary Patrick" He tapped him lightly on the back. "Sorry for Nathaniel's...you know, attitude" He turned to Mrs.Hockstetter, smiling as he held out his hand, "David Fennler"

She took his hand gratefully, "Maria Hockstetter, you are Rosemary's guardian?"

David glanced beside him as Nathaniel appeared beside him, "Nathaniel Fennler, I am Rosemary's legal guardian" He smiled at her kindly and Mrs.Hockstetter's heart fluttered slight for the attractive young man whom looked at his sister expectantly. "Rose? Do you want to stay for your lessons or go home?"

"I'd like to go home please. I've already finished my written work for my remaining classes"

Mrs.Hockstetter smiled at Rosemary fondly before she looked at Patrick beside her, moving closer to him. "Patrick dear? I'll see you home for dinner tonight?" Only Patrick was able to recognise the hanging question in the air and giving his mother a tight lipped smile he nod stiffly. She smiled in response before nodding at Rosemary, Nathaniel and David. "It was lovely meeting each of you"

As Mrs.Hockstetter left Nathaniel lightly tapped Rosemary on the shoulder as Patrick watched from slightly further beside them, not quite comfortable with the situation. "If you wanna go grab your bag I can drop you off home on the way back?"

"That's alright, I still need to turn in one of my assignments. I think I'll hand it in and walk home"

"You sure?" Nathaniel glanced at Patrick uncertainly though his face remained stoic. "It's no trouble"

"I'm sure"

Patrick and Rosemary watched David and Nathaniel leave in silence until Patrick twisted his head to glance down at Rosemary in confusion. "What assignment are you handing up?"

Rosemary's facade dropped and she rolled her eyes, "Man you're honestly as dense as my brothers sometimes. I don't have an assignment to hand up I just didn't want them breathing down my neck" Flicking her hair over her shoulder, she tenderly prod at her neck, flinching slightly before she hissed in irritation. "Fucking hell"

"What'd you expect? Taunting Henry? I knew you where crazy Fennler-"

"You're one to talk" She scoffed, leaning against the lockers beside her as she watched Patrick stalk around.

"-but I never would've guessed you where that much a damn moron" He subtly watched her, specifically waiting for a reaction that never came.

"Watch what you're saying Patty dear-" She pushed off the lockers, minimising the already short distance between them. "-I can just as easily go and tell them that-" She clasped her hands together, batting her eyelashes in a way that made Patrick want to do things to her, right there in the hallway. "-my scary classmate was bullying me sir! He said if I didn't tell on Henry he would sneak into my room while I was sleeping! Or attack my brothers with a knife!" Her hands dropped and she smirked at Patrick, running her tongue over her plump lips. "Or that he'd kill me in my house when no one was there"

Patrick's throat constricted and inhaled shakily. Before he could restrain himself, he let out a sharp breathe of air; "Fuck you're good at this" The second they where out he wanted to suck the words back in to deprive Rosemary of the amused look of satisfaction on her face.

"It's a gift"

With that she turned away from him and begun merrily making her way down the hallway. Patrick quickly caught up to her, his hands in his pockets as he easily matched her noticeably shorter pace. "What're you going to do now?"

"Wander. Maybe go home" She eyed his reaction carefully, watching as the smallest twitch of his lip and movement of his eyes revealed the thoughts and emotions he tried pathetically to hide. "You could come with me"

For the first time in their conversation, Patrick turned to face her completely, genuinely surprised by her statement.

"What?"

"Skip class genius" It wasn't an abnormal request by an means, Patrick had repeated a year of primary school because he skipped class so frequently. It was the fact that it was Rosemary that had made the sudden demand that surprised him.

"And what? Spend the day with you?"

Rosemary turned to him suddenly, her lips drawn into a playfully pout while her other touched her chest in a gesture of mock offence. "Is my company really that terrible Patty darling?" Snickering she twirled on her heel as Patrick grumbled at her sudden liking to his mother's horrid nickname. "I didn't hear you complaining at Henry's"

Needless to say her final comment quickly decided for him as his teenage mind concocted fantasy after fantasy of hormone fuelled actions between them, all the while he aimlessly followed her down the hall, unaware of just how far he was letting her sink her claws into him.

•••

Soooo this chapter was really short and I'm really sorry x this chapter was deleted their by wattpad and it was either have one abnormally long chapter which would come out in a few more days or have a short chapter and a regular sized chapter. Aaaaanyways, Patrick and Rosemary are gonna spend the day together? Wonder what's going to happen??? :)

I'm really sorry for the late update! I've been soooooo busy with work lately you have no idea 😑 I work at a fast food place and I'm try to save 2 grand in about three weeks for Uni. I've been working five shifts a week for the past three weeks and its slowly taring my soul from my body

Shout out to @aestheticblossom for being such a sweetheart for the past few days xx

Until the next update ~