|02|

Allie holds Keith tight around his neck, and pressing her legs around his back for dear life.

She can feel his hands on her back, and the strong wind blowing against their bodies. His long sharp scream fills her ears, and somewhere in the back of her head she's glad that at least the reason of his death won't be her suffocating him.

She screams too, she can't help it. It's been a long time since she's been so loud.

The wind whips her face hard, and she feels her stomach has already landed in the water much earlier before her.

The full moon casts its white glow on their bodies, until the dark water swallows them with longing.

The intensity of the pain surprises Allie so much she releases her hold from Keith. The water hits every part of her body and pulls her deeper into the darkness. The shock of the pain causes her to open her mouth, and air comes out of it in the form of bubbles. Her hands fighting in wild motion against the water.

She tries to swim up for air. Swim to the moonlight, to Keith.

But then her legs stop kicking, and her hands stop fighting. The darkness engulfs her, and the cool water spreads around her with cruelty; through her hair, between her fingers, along her body, into her throat...

In her thoughts no beloved face emerges, no memories, no requests for forgiveness. For the first time, she gives up the constant noise in her head.

Finally, she would get what she deserves. She can almost feel the relief in that thought.

But before her consciousness is swept away with the flow of water, someone is squeezing her fingertips.

And she allows herself to squeeze back,

the way she did last time.