|16|

The wind blows against Allie's hair as she runs, or more accurately, being pulled quickly by Keith's hand. The other actors burst out of the stage as well, bumping her shoulders on their way out from the narrow corridor behind the scenes.

Allie and Keith freeze for a few moments when they reach the end of the corridor, a look of utter astonishment on their faces.

"What the hell..." Keith starts.

Dozens of people push toward the exit door, covering their mouths from the pink-purple smoke that whirls around them.

Police sirens go off outside, making Allie's heart pound harder.

"Let's go!" Allie shouts over the screams and the Police sirens, and pushes Keith forward.

They have to get out of here, now.

Keith shakes his head, as if coming out of haze, and hurries to the exit door with Allie. They run between cars in the parking lot, only a few street lamps lighting their way. Keith's eyes flicker from side to side as they go.

The feeling of panic fades away from Allie's body as they reach the end of the parking lot, where the shouts and sirens sound lower, and the air is back from pink to being invisible- to her relief.

Allie releases her hand from his grasp and pants heavily.

"So, I didn't know you were reading Oscar Wilde," she says.

A smile crosses Keith's face, his eyes shining in the dim light.

"And I didn't know I am gay."

"That's what you probably meant when you said you were full of surprises," Allie says, trying to swallow her laughter.

Keith shakes his head in disbelief, and then his gaze settles behind her. "Oh, here's my chick!"

"W- who?" Allie asks, raising her eyebrows.

Keith walks past her and Allie turns to look at him stroking the front of a bright yellow car. The image of a small chick comes to her mind and she sighs.

She approaches Keith, and his chick, while muttering to herself, "I am not even going to comment on that."

Keith opens the door next to the driver's seat. The fact that he is wearing a suit, like a real gentleman, and gesturing formally to her seat like they came out of a party and not ran from God-knows-what, makes her feel like she got herself somehow inside an action movie (with a very enticing actor.)

"Coming?" Keith asks with a smile.

Allie bites her lip. "I think... I might be ready for more surprises tonight."

Keith's smile widens. "Good."