Solace No More

The room was silent as mother, father, and daughter shared a moment of solace. Bella had done what no one else managed to do- make the Dark Lord feel again. Voldemort loved her, and now he loved their child. "What shall we name her, my love?" He chimed as baby slept. "Whatever you see fit, my lord. She belongs to you," Bella whispered, choosing her words carefully. He put his finger under her chin, turning her to face him. 

"You have given me an heir. You may address me as Tom, as you have earned that right." Bellatrix did not know what to say. "As you wish, my l-Tom," She started. "I'd like her first name to show who she is,  just by hearing her name. Something strong and well born. She shall be Hermione," Bella concluded. "And for her middle name Alysia. To make it perfect Riddle as her sir name," the Dark Lord smirked. 

That was it. Her child had her name: Hermione Alysia RIddle. Bella thought the moment could never, except it had to. In a moment's instance chaos broke out in the ballroom as members of the Ministry of Magic broke into Riddle Mansion. Hexes and curse rang out, and the war within the walls began. 

Deaheaters crowded the barely mobile Bellatrix as she cradled a now crying Hermione and held her wand in the other, prepared to defend herself and her child. The Dark Lord fought to keep the attackers outside of the birthing chambers, barely breaking a sweat as he and his daetheaters took down anyone who came too close. 

The Dark Lord's eyes fell to the person he suspected was responsible for leading this attack of his private event. Dumbledore and Voldemort glared down one another as they fought others. As light wizards appeared inside Riddle Mansion, unmasked deatheaters apparated away out of fear of getting caught. Thus, leaving Voldemort and his remaining followers outnumbered. His sight then landed on a furious Bellatrix and their panicked baby. He realized f he did act fast, he'd lose them both.

Vanishing from between his daetheaters, and behind Bellatrix, he lifted his wand to apparate them out, only for Bella to stop him. "She is too small to apparate," Bella shouted, keeping a close eye on the fright still going on in front of them. "I will not allow her to die, Bellatrix. We must retreat," The Dark Lord urged. 

They were too late though. Dumbledore, flanked by his followers managed to subdue enough daetheaters to reach the birthing chambers. The only thing that stood between them and the room was Severus, Igor Karkaroff, Fenrir Greyback, and Walden Macnair. Belltrix frightened eyes met her lover's eyes, "You must leave! You must go! Leave me!" 

For the first time Bellatrix found herself scared, not for herself, but her lover. He appeared conflicted. He'd found happiness in something other than magic and he wasn't ready to let that go. It did not matter though, because before the master had a chance to think he was flashed out by Severus Snape to a safe haven. 

Once they landed Voldemort shoved Snape off him. "Are you insane, boy! Did I asked to be saved?" Severus found himself kneeling, "My lord, your safety is the most important thing. I thought-" "You were not thinking at all, Severus otherwise you would not have done such a thing!" The wizard leader shouted, then with a flick of his cloak he was gone. Severus, along with the others followed his trail, back to the mansio.

By the time Voldemort and his deatheaters returned it was too late. That short amount of time was all the Ministry needed to overpower Bellatrix and rip her daughter from her arms. Casting a group enchantment, they paralyzed Bellatrix long enough to steal the child without a second thought. As soon as they left, Bellatrix fell flat to the floor. She curled into herself, weeping, causing her magic to shake the ground beneath her. Her arms hugged tighter around her abdomen, missing the feeling of holding her child. Bellatrix felt her entire go numb.