Chapter 1 - Set Dance

Oh my god I hate this book why is anyone reading it. Please save yourselves don't go any further. I really mean in.

———

You sat at your desk in shock as the teacher announced the set dance to the class. Your friend nudged her

"Y/n finally you'll get a chance to meet some boyyyyys~" Maria giggled and smiled at you
You laughed nervously "ha ha, yeahhhh, great."

The bell rang as soon as the teacher finished telling everyone about what boys school they were going to be dancing with, you didn't hear what school it was and you quickly rushed to your locker to pack your stuff and go to Maria's house with a few more of your friends.

You walked alone down to the train station. You went across the bridge that went over the main road and down the hill to the train station. You stopped at the candy shop to buy some jelly beans. As you were at the counter, you noticed a few boys in the corner pointing at you and snickering. You glanced at them and then down to your hands as you took the bag of jelly beans. You tried to ignore them and held back your tears of embarrassment and fear. You were not excited for this set dance at all, boys had never been nice to you, and you weren't expecting them to start.

You stood on the platform alone and waited for your friends to arrive. They always took a long time to walk because they were chatting about their boyfriends and what they did with their boyfriends on the weekend and all about boyfriends. You were the odd one out, you knew it even if your friends refused to admit it.

Just then you saw Maria waving at you from within the crowd walking towards you, along with Julia and Tilly. It warmed your heart as you saw the excitement on their faces. They met up with you and smiled, saying hello and all asking you about your plans for the set dance.

"You have to let us help you pick a cute dress!" Tilly smiles widely and grabbed your arm.

"I-I mean sure, I guess." You smiled sheepishly

"You're going to look beautiful we promise." Maria smiled and you chuckled at their excitement.

You all walked onto the train together and sat down. You shared her jelly beans with all of them and the train started to move towards Maria's home suburb. You got off at Cheltenham and walked a short way back to Maria's house. You walked into her house, quickly got snacks, then went into Maria's room and got changed into more comfortable clothes. You then sat around on a mattress on the floor and began to talk.

"So, what's everyone wearing? I'm thinking we should all wear cute but classy summer dresses because, well, it's going to get hot and it's not an extremely formal occasion." Maria shared her ideas and everyone agreed. "So what patterns or colours are you all thinking?"

(If you don't want to read about the outfits scroll down to where the next line is)
—————

Julia got excited "oO I've already planned the entire thing. I can't believe they only gave us a week to prepare! So I'm going to wear my hair curled, and since I'm blonde I'm going for a dark dress. Maybe like a navy blue, wavy but shortish, v-neck and shoe lace straps. White flowery pattern and just some basic heels and tame makeup." All the girls smiled in agreement and the rest started to explain.

Maria was wearing the same tame makeup, an olive coloured, flowery dress with two thick cutouts of stripes near her waist. She would wear this with silver earrings and a matching necklace and brown wedges to match her small purse. She decided to attempt to straighten her brown, naturally curly hair.

Tilly was wearing a navy floral dress that was longer at the back and short at the front. It had a plunging neckline and she would wear silver jewellery and black heels. She decided she would leave her hair with it's natural waves and also wear tame makeup.