Chapter 17 - Late

Y/n POV

We all sat at the dinner table eating some incredible Japanese Barbecue that Jin made. Honestly the beef is absolutely incredible I have no idea how he makes it this good. I did say all, but really I meant 7 other boys sitting around the table with me. One empty seat.

Honestly I hadn't seen anyone in that seat for a couple of days now, Jimin had gone back to his late night habits. I suppose that if I'm to date him, I have to accept that he's incredibly hard working and I can't change that. I guess it's time to forget falling asleep in his arms.

I struggled to forget about it. I so wanted him to just be here, I felt like I hadn't seen him in forever. I never realised how much I would miss a simple hug from him. Nevertheless I did enjoy my time with the rest of them. It's not like I didn't enjoy their company, they always cheered me up and knew how to make me feel less lonely.

Just as I was nearly done eating, I heard the door click. I was surprise to find myself not bothering to look back, instead laughing and joking around with the other 7 boys.

Jimin's POV

As I was driving home, I found myself thinking of y/n, again. I missed her. Why did I have to be so god damn unhappy with every little thing I do. In the moment of dissatisfaction, I completely forget the time and everyone else. I focus on myself and what I'm doing wrong. I was beginning to realise how selfish I was being, I'm sure y/n was very upset that I was back to coming home late every night.

I felt myself get angrier at myself as I walked in the door. No one even looked back, they were all laughing and having fun, without me.

"I'm... home early!" I said, trying to talk over their laughter.

Everyone turned around and I looked at y/n with a smile.

"Oh, hi Jimin." She smiled back, only slightly glancing at me before turning back around and listening to the boys conversation.

What just happened? I had no idea that she would get so used to me coming home late that eventually she wouldn't even react when I walked in the door earlier than usual. Was I wrong then? Did she not miss me at all? Maybe it didn't matter what time I came home anymore. She didn't care.

I walked over to her slowly. I grabbed her hand and then everyone's eyes were on us. I kissed the promise ring on her finger and shot her a sharp stare. She looked at me surprised and I let go of her hand before walking to our bedroom.

I put my bag down and took off my jacket. I sat on the bed with a large sigh and then heard light footsteps down the hall.

"Jimin ah" y/n walked in, she looked nervous. "Why did you stare at me like that..."

I shrugged and took off my shoes slowly.

She came and sat on the bed next to me, planting her hands in her lap "I don't think you're the one who should be upset right now..."

I stared down at her ring and shrugged again.

"Jimin what's wrong..." she wrapped her arm around mine and looked at me confused.

"You didn't even react when I walked in early..." I replied, looking back down at my lap.

"Jimin, it's past dinner it's hardly early. It's still late and this time shouldn't be earlier than when you usually get home. I can tell you this over and over but it doesn't seem like you're going to even try and come home earlier so I began to give up and try to get used to it." She had let go of my arm and was now fiddling with her ring. I watched her hands, anxiously praying that she wouldn't make the rash decision of taking it off.