t w o

words: 2478

steve kissed my cheek and said goodbye, me walking in and saying hi to everyone before knocking on dad's office door.

"what" he grumbled and i smile as i open the door, shaking the brown paper bag.

"hey happy camper" i snort and close the door. i sit in the chair in front of his desk and give him the paper bag. "i know you say no to me buying you stuff and no to donuts, but i didn't buy them"

the dullness in his eyes quickly turned sparkly, taking his feet off the desk and grabbing the bag as he smiles.

"i've always like that kid steve" he said with donut in his mouth, making me scrunch my nose and laugh. i took out my homework and pencil, scooting my chair up. "how was school today? anything happen?"

"why, did you hear something?" i said and laughed at the glaze flakes caught in his beard. "wipe your beard, pops, you're saving them for later"

"what happened at school today, baby?" he asked as he finished his donut and wiped his beard.

"the new kid almost hit me with his car. a camaro, very speedy"

"what? seriously?"

"and he kept bugging me! it's like he's trying to get under my skin!" i exclaim and dad laughed.

"i think he already is under your skin, lacey-mae" he said and i stopped writing. "maybe if you just ignore him, he'll stop"

"no, dad, that's the thing," i readjust myself in my chair, sitting the right way. "i ignore him, he keeps going. i tell him to stop, he keeps going! he wants a reaction!" i sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "it's so annoying"

"how about tomorrow when i drop you off, i actually wait there with you until he shows up. maybe park in his spot" dad said and i laughed, shaking my head.

"you're a petty man, hopper"

"now i know where you get it from"

----

"sis!" el exclaimed and ran to me, hugging me tightly. i grunted but smiled, hugging her back.

"hey el, did you watch movies i left out? and read the magazines?"

"yeah i did! i saved one for us, just like you said"

"did you like them?"

"yeah, i cried at one! and there are so many cute boys in the magazines" el and i giggle quietly.

"you girls want pizza? i'm starving" dad asked.

"pepperoni please" el said and i scrunch my nose.

"i know you don't like pepperoni, babe. so half cheese, half pepperoni?"

"yes!" me and el high five and dad calls in the pizza. he changes from his uniform into his pajamas and we all wait for the pizza on the couch. when it arrives, eleven hides behind the couch and i pay, thanking the guy and putting the box on the counter. "come and get it while it's still fairly warm!"

we each take 2 pieces, going back to the couch and laughing at the long and stringy cheese. "that's how you know it's good pizza"

dad throws away the plates and says goodnight, kissing the both of our foreheads. we say goodnight back, el laying her head in my lap and i play with her curls, and it's not long before i hear soft snores coming out of her mouth. i lay my head back on the couch and soon i fell asleep too.

not long after we both fell asleep, el was taken off my lap and i heard her door close softly. i fell down against the couch and soon felt strong arms wrap around me, taking me up off the couch. i was put in my bed and blankets put over me to my shoulders, a warm kiss pressed to my temple.