s i x

words: 1326

billy pulled up to the police station with his music at a medium volume, because if his music was blaring, it would draw too much attention, especially at a police station.

"i'll see you tomorrow, princess?" he smiled and i got out, going over to his window and he rolled it down, and i leaned against his door.

"don't call me that, i hate it" i smirk and lean forward.

"mhm, clearly" he pecked my lips and i bit my lip softly.

"see you tomorrow, stud" i smile, turning away. i stop walking and go back over, billy's eyes travelling up again and smiling at me. "oh, don't drive away so fast, this is the police station"

"anything for you, princess" he winks "bye"

i waved and watched him drive away like a normal person, then his engine roared and i laughed.

i walked inside of the station and was hit instantly with the way too familiar scent of coffee and cigarettes.

"hey flo" i smile and take the apple she was holding out to me.

"he's a cutie" she said, not looking up from the book in front of her.

"hm?" i hum, swallowing the bite of my apple.

"that boy out there in that blue car you were smooching. i saw it through the window when i was giving something to your father" he whispered the last part and i blushed.

"oh, u-uh that's a friend of mine"

"one hell of a way to treat your friends" she giggled and i laughed, shaking my head.

"see you later, flo" i waved and bit into my apple again, walking to dad's office, adn he was sitting the right way in his chair, hands folded and his eyes hooded as he looked at the door. "hey p-"

"sit" he growled and i gulped, setting my bag down on the couch and sat in the chair in front of his desk. "what did you do last night?"

"what?"

"i said, what did you do last night"

"i went to steve's last night, dad, like i always do"

"don't lie to me, lacey-mae"

"i'm not lying i-"

"did you forget that i'm the chief, and people tell me shit!?" his voice boomed and i jumped.

"yes" i whimpered, playing with the hem of billy's shirt.

"so what.. did.. you.. do last night?"

"i went to a part" i whispered and twisted the apple in my hand "and i had a drink"

"you've got to be kidding me!" he laughed and rubbed his forehead.

"i'm sorry" i threw out the apple and played with my ring.

"who brought you here? car didn't look familiar"

"that new kid, who was getting on my nerves. he's actually really nice. his name's billy"

"why did you hide it from me, kid? you could've just asked to go to the party"

"you aren't mad?"

"no, i was doing the same shit when i was your age, i'm just upset you lied to me"

"i'm really sorry pops" i smile and cross my legs.

"is that his shirt?" he nods.

"uh, yeah. i spilled milk on my sweater from someone bumping into me and he gave me his extra shirt" i lied straight through my teeth.