t e n

words: 1349

i stayed at the byers' house by myself with billy as the kids and steve went to do the plan, and i was in charge of watching billy.

i cleaned up the mess steve and billy had made, and cleaned up the glass in the glass in the living room. i grabbed the first aid kit and knew i would need it for billy.

i wasn't mad at him, when i should be. he beat up steve, and even though he didn't mean to, he knocked the wind out of me. i hope steve and the kids were okay, and i hope steve's face was okay.

"holy shit" billy groaned and sat up, and i rushed over and squatted next to him.

"hey asshole" i chuckle and run my fingers through his hair.

"princess?" he groaned and slammed his head on the floor "ow, shit" i take the syringe away from him and place it on the table it came from.

"come on, let's get you on the couch and i can help clean you up, alright?"

he nodded slowly and i pulled him on the floor towards the couch, then struggled to pick him up and put him on the couch, but i did it.

i grabbed the first aid kit and bumped his stomach and he winced.

"steve didn't hit you in the stomach, did he?"

"i-i don't know"

i unbuttoned his shirt and gasped "billy!"

"i fell" he mumbled and i ran my fingers over his bruised stomach.

"bullshit" i mumbled back and moved to his thighs, opening the kit and wiping the blood away with a towel "do you remember what happened?"

"yeah, i was being an asshole"

i put some peroxide on a cotton ball and leaned forward. "this is going to hurt, okay?"

he gripped my thighs and hissed in pain "son of a bitch"

"sorry sorry" i pulled away and placed a bandage on his cuts.

he sat up and hissed, hand hovering over his stomach. i got up and put the kit away, grabbing a steak that was still cold and put it on his stomach.

it was quiet for a moment, and my hand laid on his thigh as i sat next to him.

"my dad" he said softly. i looked at him and his eyes teared up.

"what?" i sat on his thighs again and moved the steak, holding his face.

"it was my dad, lacey, he did this to me" tears fell down his cheeks and i wipe his cheeks.

"oh, billy" i breathed and hugged him, his face in my neck.

"i know it isn't an excuse but that's why i went off on harrington. cause steve told me to get out, and my dad told me to find max and he hit me"

"shh.. shh.." i cup his face "you're okay, billy. you're here with me, and i promise you you're safe"

he looked at me through his thick eyelashes and tilted his head up. i leaned down and kissed him slowly, his hands going from my back to my waist.

"this is probably a weird time to say this, but i really like you, lacey mae"

"well it's a good thing i really like you too, billy hargrove"

-

when the kids got back to the house, billy wasn't angry that they took his car, because i explained it to him. he understood why they needed it and i told him steve was driving.