// thirty two //

"no, vic. stop being a bitch. you don't understand." teddy insisted. it could've been considered unreasonable to call victorie a bitch, but teddy had his reasoning. she didn't know the pressure that was on him and the need he felt to get this perfect.

he wiped a bit of sweat that was forming on his forehead off with the sleeve of his denim jacket. the heat of the room was making things ten times worse so teddy shrugged the jacket off, throwing it somewhere, leaving him stood in his ripped jeans and his t-shirt.

"teddy, are you shitting me right now?" vic replied.

teddy noticed out of the corner of his eye that she caught his jacket and folded it over the dining room chair. he still didn't understand why the room was so hot.

"no i'm fucking not, hun, now grab the butter." teddy ordered, thoroughly reading the recipe in front of him.

"don't tell me what to do, twat." victoire smirked back, but opened the fridge and got the butter out for teddy's anyway.

teddy also watched and as she opened a couple of windows and shut the oven door. maybe that was why it was so bloody hot. or maybe it was because it was mid spring and they hadn't prepared for the sun that april was going to offer them. usually, it's pissing it down with rain in april. i'll let you in on a secret, that's why they call it april showers because it's rains all the fucking time.

"fuck off, victorie."

there should probably be some context behind this. in a massive state of panic and realisation that teddy had about him being bisexual, he wanted to tell jamie. they were best friends, of course he wanted to tell him. teddy was always kind of open like that. with what had been going on between the two recently, he wanted jamie to know. but only that he was bi, not that he was head over heels for the potter.

and the only way, according to teddy, to actually do that would be by baking some bi buns (try saying that five times fast). so here he was, with the aid of vic, baking some buns to tell jamie he was bisexual. what other way  could there be for teddy to do so?

the choice to help him was so clearly vic because one, teddy can't bake for shit, he's used ingredients out of date and has also burnt the kitchen done, and two, because vic was one of the only people who already knew he was bi, and she could bake like mary berry.

"no, teds you're doing it wrong. here, let me." victorie took the bowl away from him and started to mix the ingredients herself. teddy didn't know what he was doing wrong, but looking at the way vic was doing it, compared to the way he was doing it, it seemed a lot less messy vic's way. 

teddy decided to pass some time while vic was mixing (god help anyone who disrupted her baking). he opened up his phone and automatically went on instagram. a post from jamie showed up straight away, one of a girl. was jamie on a date?

he read down the caption and who was tagged, emily thomas-finnigan. jamie and her were always fairly close at school, he guessed they were dating now, it only seemed natural. before he could get to the comments, his scrolling got interrupted by vic grabbing his phone away and locking it.

"how do you want to make them bi? because we could separate the mixture into three bowls and use food colouring to make the mixture the bi colours and then..."

teddy dosed off halfway through her speaking, his mind occupied on jamie and this new girlfriend he apparently has. why hadn't he told him? and to think he was going to tell jamie how he felt; it seemed like absolute bullshit now.