Prologue(rewritten)

The night was dark and stormy. Lightings cracked and the wind was howling,making the tragedy that happened seem as if it was taken right out of some scary story. And maybe Noelia would have believed that. If she hadn't seen it with her own eyes. She was woken up by something that sounded like screams. She blamed it on the wind and would have gone back to sleep again,but in that second,this storm opened her window. She sighed,but got up to close it.

This was the moment when the girl witnessed the most incredible thing she had ever seen. A shadow out there on the street,over their shoulder a huge weapon. Her eyes widened as a lighting cracked and revealed the identity of the blood covered figure out there. And he saw her too. For a while,he stood there,looking up at her,while she stared back at him. It felt like forever,but finally,he turned around and left to an unknown place. This would be the last time Noelia saw the person that used to mean so much to her. That used to be her best friend and her savior. The only one that really understood the sixteen year old girl and cheered her up whenever she needed it.

~~~

When the people of the village discovered the corpses of their neighbours,she remained quiet. When they mentioned that he was missing,she started screaming, before anyone could even think of blaming him. Telling them how she saw him getting dragged out of the village by some creepy guys who were covered in blood. She knew she had to cover for her best friend,no matter what he did. Maybe she even knew it was the right thing to do, at least for him. In his point of view, it may even was necessary to do what he did. He finally escaped this prison, meant to be a peaceful village. Just what all their childhood had been about. The only other person Noelia told the truth was their other best friend , a girl named Alice, who understood the value of this little secret just as well.

The two girls would proceed with their boring life, making sure that not a single soul found out the truth about that one night that was meant to change the villagers' way of thinking, but never did. Instead, it was brushed off, hidden and never talked about. Every village has a dark story that everybody just starts calling a legend after some time. That nobody knows the truth about. And that stormy night just turned into this village's dark legend, leaving the truth behind and eventually forgotten, so the villagers at least thought. And Noelia just let them belive it, not knowing about anything that was yet to come. Not kowing about the true results of all these events. At least not, until all of the pieces finally fell into place and granted the adventure she had wanted to experience for so long.