The retrieval

*Severus' POV*

"Severus, I'm glad you've come." Minerva McGonagall, headmistress of Hogwarts, said as she motioned me to sit.

"Yes, what is it that was so urgent for me to come here at three in the morning?" I drawled irritably.

"Albus has mentioned that he would like for you to do him a favor." She pointed to the portrait that hung above her desk.

"Even in death that man still does not cease to ask me of things." I shook my head at the sleeping man in the portrait.

"Yes, well, this one is rather important. You see, a young witch has been searching to become an apprentice in potions, that is where you come in," she stated, but as I was about to reject the idea and walk out, she held up a hand, "her name is Kiah Black, and Albus has recovered information that would prove she is the daughter of Sirius Black. He finds it necessary that she study here, as she is very powerful."

"So, either she is the next Voldemort, or someone is looking for her." I concluded.

"Voldemort may be gone, but his followers are very much alive and will stop at nothing to carry out his legacy. Whether she would be their new leader or just another follower is beyond us, but we'd like to have her under close eye. It's the least we could do for Potter, as Sirius was his godfather." With all her attempts of persuasion, nothing could make me want to take care of an insolent brat. It was only two years ago that Voldemort was defeated and instead of living out my life alone, not only has Albus trapped me at this damned school, but now he wanted me to babysit some child of, none other than, Sirius Black.

"I suppose there is no declining this, is there?" I pinched the bridge of my nose and sighed with annoyance.

"You'll be off to grab her tomorrow night. Albus also thought it an excellent idea that she stays with you in Spinner's End to get to know each other and you can bring her the next day, our first day of school." Minerva informed, as if it were a pleasant idea.

"Lovely idea, why don't I have her stay in my dorm, as well?" She didn't reply and instead looked away, "don't tell me-"

"We haven't exactly made room for her yet, but don't worry, I am working as hard as I can to find a place for her. I'm sure there is room with you in the meantime?"

"Of course there is, as if I would love to share my quarters and privacy with some dunderhead." I turned and walked out.

I stormed through my door and sat on the couch, the fireplace adding to my heated and irritated senses, "I can already tell that this year is going to be more dreadful than usual."

*Kiah's POV*

"Come on, baby. Just once before you go?" My boyfriend, Cyrus, pressed as he crawled on top of me.

I heard the doorbell ring and shoved him off to go answer. He pulled me back and attempted to pull the straps of my tank down but I kicked him in the groin and yelled, "I've already told you, I will not have sex with you until you can learn to respect me! Now, let me get the fucking door!"

I rushed downstairs and when I opened it, my heart skipped a beat as I saw a man with black robes and black hair that draped to his shoulders. I attempted to quickly fix my hair and pull my clothes together after being tugged everywhere, "you must be professor Snape?"

"As we are colleagues, Severus will do. Are you ready to leave?" He stated with disinterest as Cyrus came stumbling down the stairs. He was drunk, as always.

"Y-yes, I was just... Saying goodbye. Let me grab my things." I turned around as Cyrus grabbed my shoulder and whispered, "I expect a surprise when you return."