12

Sorry friends, it's been forever

I'm a loser

finals are kicking my ass

it's summer time now

anyway here

I open my optics. My vision focuses on.. red. Lots of red. Deep red.

I shift backwards and I realize it's Knockout, and there's also something preventing me from moving any further.

I turn my head down. I'm on the floor.

I see Knockouts arm draped above me. I start to register the feeling. That's what's keeping me from moving.

I'm on the floor cuddled next to Knockout. Then I remember the earlier events.

Oh god, I hope no one at base saw that. Primus that would be embarrassing when I got back.

But I can't even talk to them about it, which sucks.

I slowly inch out of his arm, when it suddenly tightens.

"Where are you going?" He asks.

"Out."

"Out where?"

"Outside the room."  He tightens his arms.

"You don't wanna stay here with me?"

I don't respond as I stop moving. He slowly loosens his grip as he relaxes but doesn't let go.

I want to get up and get out of here. Out of this room. But where would I even go? It's not like I can go home or anything.

*knock knock knock*

I jump at the chance to go answer the door. I rip myself out of Knockouts arms.

I open the door, and there stands a Vehicon.

"Megatron has asked me to retrieve you. He needs you for a mission. Report to the groundbridge station."

"What's the mission?" I ask.

"I was not informed of what it's for. I was just told to gather you for it."

Knockout stirs in the background, getting the Vehicon's attention.

"Knockout, you're here." He says, in a caught-off-guard tone. "You're also supposed to report to the groundbridge station."

"Alright." He says. The Vehicon turns and leaves.

"What mission?" I ask Knockout.

"Not sure. Probably nothing super important."

I nod and exit the room, Knockout in tow.

We trot down the halls in silence. Not an uncomfortable one, more of a peaceful one.

Once we get there, Shockwave, Soundwave, and Starscream are standing there with Megatron.

There is an Energon signal coming from a limestone cave about 2600 kliks from here. You guys will investigate. If you find anything, communicate back and I'll send Vehicons and drills via groundbridge." He pulls a lever and the famous green portal appears.

"Go." He says as we all jog through it.

We appear in a forest-y area, very dense.

We take in our surroundings, noticing the opening to the cave.

"How close are we to humans?" I ask.