Chapter 2: Second round results in truce

As anyone can guess, at first I struggled quite a lot with the idea of having Paul disciplining me. It’d have been really easy to just get rid of him by going back to my old school but something inside stopped me from doing so. So the guy wasn’t all that bad, and maybe if I watched out my behavior just a tiny little bit more, I wouldn’t have to face another punishment from him and I’d be free to stay and enjoy my high school life. Yeah that sounded about right. Still it wasn’t easy for me to get used to the new stricter version of Paul, so I got in trouble a few more times. Just a few.

I made sure to wake up properly and get in time for my first class, taking my seat on the back of the classroom like I usually do. I felt a TERRIBLE pain on my butt that made me cringe my face in pain. Some of my classmates around noticed this and proceeded to snicker a bit, thing I did not appreciate at all. It was none of their business what I do or not. That’s when I heard a particular giggle come from my right side. I tried to ignore him, I swear I did but it was impossible.

-Rough day?, Jason asked me, his voice with an edge of amusement.

I growled and dedicated him a powerful glare. He usually sits next to me, and we chat and do all these things Paul doesn’t approve (like throwing paper balls for example). He’s a nice guy, but his wit many times annoys me to no end, like now. Besides that I knew I had a big “ told you so” coming. I just hate those.

-Do not remind me, I answered with a complaining groan, Hell I don’t know how I’m gonna survive this.

He shrugged in response as the teacher started the class. We kept on talking anyway, since teachers usually ignore people on the back. It’s exactly why I pick this particular spot. I like to go unnoticed sometimes.

-It’s not that bad. You’ll get used to it in a while. But the first time? Sucks, he stated staring at the front of the class as if he was paying attention. He was good covering his ass. Me? Not so much. Not just yet at least.

-How was your first time?, I asked not even bothering to do the same. He sighed and glanced at me barely.

-Well I was around 11 and I pulled off this amazing prank. The teacher’s desk was broken, so I put the table back over and pretended nothing happened so when the english teacher came in and put her things over it, everything fell off. Even she was on the floor, he laughed with the memory.

-Oh my god, I'd DIE for watching that, I snickered after him. He had a pretty contagious laughter.

-Yeah, and the best thing was that she was all screaming and whining "Oh my god, oh my god", he said mimicking our english teacher and I couldn’t help but snort a laughter I smoothly transformed into a casual cough.

-Did you get in much trouble?, I dared to ask. I wanted to know everything, since I never ever got the chance of talking to someone about this.

-Yes of course. I made my tutor’s head almost explode. I think he gave around 15 or maybe more with the cane, he remembered with a shiver he tried to control. I couldn’t handle not even 6, and he was 11 by then... how brave.

-NO WAY, I raised my voice maybe a little bit too much. The teacher cleared her throat and dedicated me a stern look.

-Excuse me Anston?, she said cocking an eyebrow, obviously not pleased by my rough interruption.

-Sorry, I mumbled and looked at her apologetically. Please, please let me off the hook and I’ll make you my favorite teacher from now on.

-I don’t wanna hear another peep out of your mouth. Do you hear me Anston?, she said folding her arms on her chest with a dangerous look in her eyes. I gulped.