Chapter 10: Party Blues, the party

That night, at Jessie’s place

I invited my friends to my place, so we could get ready for the party together. Jazz was supposed to stay over here for a “study slumber party”, but let’s say she’ll make a short stop by the biggest party ever. I’d already arranged with a friend of mine to take us there in his car, and this other friend would sneak us into the place without anybody asking for our IDs. I’d heard they had hired private security, so they wouldn’t have minors sneaking in, so I had already asked another friend to help up pass through security without using fake ID’s. I didn’t want to involve my girls in such a thing, so he said it’d be no problem. We’d get in using the back door of the huge building where the party was.

-Hey Trish, can you help me out here?, Valerie said while sitting on a chair close to a huge mirror.

I had a special place in my room, with a huge mirror right next to my closet, filled with any kind of makeup you could imagine. I had thousands of nail polishes, eye shadows, lipsticks, eyeliners, mascaras... in the end, everything we’d need to get ready for the party. Trish gave good use to this stuff, and made a wonderful job with us and herself. I looked myself in the mirror, and I just couldn’t believe it. With that makeup and my hair straightened I looked much older and freaking sexy than I already was. I was definitely gonna attract a hot guy in this outfit.

-Valerie stop moving around. You’re pissing me off, Trish complained smacking the back of Valerie’s head as she was trying to put lipstick on my friend.

-Owww sorry. But I just love this record, It’s my personal favorite, she said closing her eyes again and trying to stay still until Trisha finishes.

Finally, over an hour later with us fixing our makeup, trying out clothes, combing and straightening our hairs we were ready to go. My friend arrived just in time to pick us up, but before we headed to the party there was something I wanted to do. I made him come down of the car and get into my house, then I looked for my parents favorite (and extremely expensive) vodka and served seven shots. Jazz was looking at me like “What the hell are you doing?!” and Kris already wanted to drink it. Hold on girl! I need to say something first.

-I’d like to propose a toast, I said raising my shot glass, For the best night of our lives ladies... and guy, I added on the last second with a giggle. He laughed too as we all said “cheers” and quickly gulped the vodka.

I felt it burning my lips and throat, quickly followed by a huge feeling that was telling me “This is your big night Jessica!”. Time to rock people.

My friend drove as fast as he could to the party, and played some wild loud music in the car. We were singing (more like yelling) and laughing until we got to the party. You could hear the music from miles away, and there was a lot of people waiting to get in. So bad they don’t have a secret entrance like we do. Barely we got there, I met with this other friend of mine, Lee, who leaded us to the back door. There he spoke with some guys and got us into the place in seconds. Oh it feels so good to have powerful contacts. Let the party start

A few hours later

I couldn’t believe I was there. The place was huge, there were LOTS of hot guys and, of course, drinks. We approached ourselves to the bar and ordered six vodka sour. There were lots of different kind of drinks to choose. They had tequila, vodka, beers, liquors, etc. And I wanted to try them all. I was more like a vodka fan, but still I was curious about the other drinks, specially tequila.

A guy there offered me a shot of something that seemed cranberry jelly, but it wasn’t only that. It had vodka in it, and it was just delicious. I think I’d heard of Jell-O shots before, but never tried one until this night. We stayed there talking and dancing and eating like four Jell-O shots each. Soon I realized that I’d lost all my girls, so I hurried myself to find them. The thing is that I was a little bit drunk by then, and it was quite hard hard to spot them with the place crowded and the bright color lights, so I focused in their outfits. That should be easier than recognizing faces.