Chapter 3: Domino effect

After my second round with Paul, I found it easier to just follow the rules of this school. There weren’t as many as I thought at first and, even when behaving correctly is no fun, I hadn’t had a sore behind for longer than a week. One of my best achievements so far. I know it doesn’t sound like much, but after having two spankings in a row? I was relieved my butt had some time to recover.

It was a day like any other, and I was going through the torture of studying geography with Paul. I had a test next day and he wanted me to get an A if possible. Me? Well... I was ok with passing the exam. I really didn’t care about grades. Who needs college anyway?

-Jessie, are you awake?, Paul’s voice rang in my head and I startled a bit. I frowned when I remembered what we were talking about: fucking geography.

-Yes, yes. I'm sorry Paul, but I'm just tired of this crap, I complained letting out a huff. The curse just rolled out my tongue as usual before I could stop myself.

-Jessica watch your language. It’s the last time I tell you today, he warned me giving me an ice stare. That was probably my last straw, so I completely fell back. I had become a lot wiser and that’s what had earned me a not sore backside the entire week.

-I’m sorry, it just slipped out. Won’t happen again, I said looking at him with innocent eyes while resting my hands on my lap.

-Right, he said sending me a last warning look before going through the pages of my book again.

-Do we have to keep on with this? I mean my brain is toasted already, I mumbled tiredly trying to hold back the huge headache I was feeling.

-Your backside is gonna be toasted if you don’t study harder Jessie, he said giving me a half smile before turning his attention to the goddamned book.

-Oh Paul, please. I'll study at home, I promise, I said with a pleading look. I just couldn’t handle more torture for today, I couldn’t.

-Come on Jess, we both know that’s not gonna happen. Now let’s go back to geography, shall we?, he said dismissing the whole deal but I just didn’t give in.

Alright, think fast Jessica. I think I have an idea that might work fine for me.

-But it’s just that I'm going to be late for my handball practice. I have to go walking to the fields, and I won’t have enough time, I begged. I put on these puppy dog eyes. Maybe that way I'd convince him. I always hope he’ll buy them.

He doubted about it for a few seconds, but at the end he agreed. I was really happy my idea worked out for once. Who’s the smart one now? However he didn’t let me go just like that, oh no.

-I'm just making you one single warning Jessie, he said sternly, If you don’t study hard enough and fail your test, consider yourself doomed. Clear?

-Yeah, yeah, I said without paying much attention to his threat as I was running through the door, Thank you Paul. See you tomorrow.

I quickly made my way outside the school grounds. Yes! I was finally free. I ran into my classmate and now my friend Harper, who had sneaked out of the torture of her own tutor as well.

-Damn, what took you so long?, she said pretending she was upset due to my late arrival.

-Paul... I have lots of things to study at home, I said with a huff.

-So how did you got out of there?, she asked as we made our way to my limo. My driver was taking us to a little trip to the mall and then I’d go to my handball practice. A girl has needs after all.

-I told him I had handball practice, which I actually have right now, and I needed to go earlier, I stated with a wickedly smile.

-Wow he'll kill you if he finds out. And what about your practice? Aren’t you gonna get in trouble there?, she asked me while raising her eyebrows.