Chapter 4: Double trouble

I tried to make one of my goals in life to never ever get spanked at handball again. It was bad enough with Paul’s discipline already, I didn’t need Nick on my back as well. Unfortunately for me things didn’t go exactly the way I planned.

A few days after my unpleasant encounter with my handball coach I was sitting down on the back of the class (as usual) with my best friend Jazz sitting next to me (not so usual). She’s more the good girl who sits at the front of the class and actually listens to whatever the teacher is blabbing about. That day was different though. We had a substitute teacher that morning, since our history teacher asked for a maternity leave. That seemed to switch my friend Jazmin into a troublemaker mood, because that’s all what we did all class long: look for trouble. It wasn’t long until trouble found us.

Me, Jazz, Jason and Carton (two boys from my class) had involved ourselves in a paper ball fight. The substitute teacher didn’t look amused by our behavior but she made no warnings or even frowned at us. She just continued with her class. Better that way. If we don’t wanna learn, we have the right not to do so. Or at least that’s what I thought.

 -Hey, hey hey! Time out, time out!, Jason begged while laughing as me and Jazz wouldn’t stop throwing paper balls at him.

 -Shhh let’s calm down a bit. The teacher has already noticed we’re nothing but trouble, Carton said getting back to his seat like a good boy. Please.

 -Jazz hold on you moron!, I said to my best friend who hadn’t noticed the recurrent glares from our teacher at the front of the class, You’re gonna get us in trouble. Calm the hell down.

 -Oh come on Jessie, don’t ruin the fun. She’s a substitute teacher. What can she do after all?, she said with a giggle while her eyes were sparkling like a two years old in candyland. I didn’t know she liked trouble that much. I guess everybody does.

 -Oh yeah? Hey bad girl, catch this!, I said tossing a huge paper ball right to her face. We were currently out of paper, so she thought it’d be a good idea to just toss any school supply right to my face. Some of them hurt, but I wasn’t giving in. I’m a bit tomboy, you know.

 -Girls tone it down. I’m trying to pay attention here, Jason said with a I’m-a-responsible-student look. It took everything in me not to burst into laughters.

 -Is that so? Sure you’re not just trying to get a better look of those girl’s boobs you perv?, I laughed while slightly smacking the back of his head with my pencil. He flinched a little but said nothing else.

 -Jason you’re no fun, Jazz said as we kept on attacking each other with basically whatever we could find.

 -Let him be. He’s just being an... OW fuck!

Yup that’s right. I had just said f-u-c-k in the middle of a classroom in the precise moment when everybody just shut up. An awful silence filled the room as I was holding my wounded hand, watching a red thin mark on it. Damn you Jazmin! Why you had to take it so seriously and actually hit me? That sure hurt like hell, but not as much as my butt would hurt after this.

 -Miss Anston is it? What is the meaning of that language you just dared to use in my class?, the teacher said becoming all stern in just a second. I gulped. I guess I took things one step too far, even for a substitute teacher.

My explanations were in vain. She was already (and furiously) writing down a report she’d handle to my tutor later that day. Oh fuck, I am so toasted when he gets his hands on me. He’ll kill me, I’m sure of it.