Castle life

Killian's POV

Emma sits next to me in the bed and puts her head on my shoulder as i pull her in for a hug. I pull the blankets over us and hold Emma close.

"Goodnight, Love" I say as I look into her emerald eyes.

"Goodnight, Killian. I love you" Emma says as her hair spills over her shoulders.

"I love you too".

We lay down and she rests her head on my chest as I kiss her forehead. She flutters her eyes shut and soon falls asleep, whilst I rub her back. I feel the soft breaths against my neck and immediately start thinking about our life together, how we met, the steamy never land kiss we engaged in, my new family, and now, our daughter. I kiss Emma's temple once more before cuddling close to her and closing my eyes to sleep.

I wake up and feel an emptiness in the bed. Where did Emma go? I think in panic as I get up out of our temporary bed. I see a candle lit in the bathroom and walk in to Emma sitting awkwardly on the bathroom floor.

"Em, are you alright?" I say as I kneel down and help her up. I pick her up and place her on the counter.

"I threw up a bit, and I think I might be running a fever." She says with half closed eyes as I press the back of my hand against her forehead.

"Yeah, you definitely have a fever," I say with a frown. I get a cloth and run it under some Luke warm water to help Emma wash her face slightly, and I get some water from the kitchen.

"Thank you," she says woozily. She starts to get down but I immediately pick her up and carry her to the bed. I put her in my lap and start cradling her, and in a matter of minutes, she's out cold. I walk over and pick the now awake Elizabeth, and feed her and change her, until I put her back in her crib.

I join Emma in the bed and she stirs, cuddling up against my side. I press her back to my stomach and hold her tightly, whilst gently tangling our legs together. I relax and close my eyes, soon falling asleep.

I open my eyes and sit up in bed to look over to the baby's crib. She is still asleep and is snoring cutely. I hear a slight groan and look down at Emma to see a scrunched up face.

"How are you feeling love? Any better?" I ask while brushing the hair out of her eyes.

"I feel nauseous and feverish, but I think I'm getting a bit better." She mumbles with a cough. I hear a squeal and start chuckling quietly as I listen to Elizabeth.

"Someone's awake," I say as I walk over to pick up the baby.

"Here's my little princess," I say as I stroke her hands and place a kiss atop her head,"Poor mama, she's sick! Why don't you give her a big baby hug?"

I place Elizabeth on Emma's chest and she reaches for her hand. Her mom raises Elizabeth's hand and kisses it, hugging her without saying anything. Emma meets my eyes and gives me a look that says thank you. I press the back of my hand on her forehead again, but she still has a fever. I frown and pick Elizabeth up again, so Emma can rest.

We hear a knock and I get up from my chair and open the castle door, to see Ruby!

"Killian?!" She asks shocked. I give her a friendly hug.

"Yep, it's me! Me and Emma are here for a vacation with the newest member of our family," I say, as I lead ruby into the giant room where Emma and I are living. Emma sits up with a wide smile and squeals, running up to her friend.